Madison Scouts 2022

On 7/21/2022 at 12:11 AM, ironlips said:

Disclaimer: I have not read this thread from jump street nor have I seen Madison's show.

But speaking as part of the team that brought the Cadets back from the brink, and having written music for the Scouts a long time ago in a galaxy far away, I applaud their determination and wish for their success.

The universe needs the Madison Scouts.

I salute you & I appreciate your efforts in helping bring back the Cadets organization.  The organization calling itself the Madison Scouts is not the Madison Scouts-that group is no more.  They would have been better served bringing back Capital Sound or some other group instead of trampling on 80 years worth of tradition.  This 80 years of tradition wasn't necessarily better; however, it was unique.  Now, they're just another coed marching unit floundering in the same level of competitive  mediocrity.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I actually thought the show was pretty good. I understand this new brand of MS is hard for some to see. The Scouts was a headline corp back in their glory days. But for what they are now I would give them a chance to see how they progress in the coming years. 

Madison had a "brand", strong in recognition and equity. Not anymore.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, scout9193 said:

I salute you & I appreciate your efforts in helping bring back the Cadets organization.  The organization calling itself the Madison Scouts is not the Madison Scouts-that group is no more.  They would have been better served bringing back Capital Sound or some other group instead of trampling on 80 years worth of tradition.  This 80 years of tradition wasn't necessarily better; however, it was unique.  Now, they're just another coed marching unit floundering in the same level of competitive  mediocrity.  

So you would rather see them fold then survive. Got it. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, scout9193 said:

Late 90s Scout here who has to disagree. They are still the Scouts, just in a different package. Some Scouts of every era have said "this isn't the Scouts." They were and they are. I have plenty of concerns with the corps right now but they are doing a lot right. Time will tell if they can put it all back together competitively, but the member experience is largely one you or I would recognize. I respect your opinion though and plenty of guys I marched with would agree with you.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:39 PM, GREENBLUE said:

Maybe they should be auditioning for show designers instead…..too soon? Lol.

Do you really think finding a show designer is the issue? The ED fired Jim Mason. 

9 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I would give them a chance to see how they progress in the coming years. 

I admire your optimism. Fans and alumni have been saying this for several years. They're a good Open Class corps and a World Class corps that struggles to sustain themselves as a semi-finalist. How long do you give "them" a chance? Their track record speaks for itself. Realistically, I can't see anything changing given the personnel in leadership positions. 

8 hours ago, scout9193 said:

Yup.