Madison Scouts 2022

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

What happened to the older alumnus that came in to turn everything around after the heartbeat show?  I'm not seeing him on the website anymore. Just curious. 

If you're referring to James Elvord, he programmed a show at least as bad as the heartbeat show and (originally) hired a brass arranger that was like 22 (though that didn't last long).

Ultimately, I think Madison is in far better shape, though I know that placement in 2022 won't indicate that and that it's disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madisonsmiley said:

That's a good start.

His supervisors who've enabled and protected him are the root cause of the Scouts' issues. 

100%. Should have been ousted 10 years ago. His record is terrible. Complete failure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

If you're referring to James Elvord, he programmed a show at least as bad as the heartbeat show and (originally) hired a brass arranger that was like 22 (though that didn't last long).

Ultimately, I think Madison is in far better shape, though I know that placement in 2022 won't indicate that and that it's disappointing.

That show was innovative for 1980. But it was just… no. 

This show is in the right era of the activity. The member retention is very good, though the corps is reportedly young. However, if they’re having a great experience, and retention stays high, the current team will be able to program up a level next season. 

I do appreciate the changes in the ending. I wish there was something more to it, but its getting better.  I still think the show is too hip for the room, but challenges are being presented and the members are going after it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, scout9193 said:

Quite candidly, yes.  I suspect there are still bigger issues at work that the product on the field is just a symptom of.  

Thanks...now I kinda know why the scouts are the shape their in. No support from some. 

20 hours ago, scout9193 said:

I salute you & I appreciate your efforts in helping bring back the Cadets organization.  The organization calling itself the Madison Scouts is not the Madison Scouts-that group is no more.  They would have been better served bringing back Capital Sound or some other group instead of trampling on 80 years worth of tradition.  This 80 years of tradition wasn't necessarily better; however, it was unique.  Now, they're just another coed marching unit floundering in the same level of competitive  mediocrity.  

Capital Sound.  Sigh.  What a great teaching corps they were.  Sigh.  

This thread is in danger of going the way of nearly all the other Madison threads - an EPA Superfund Site. There will be plenty of time to offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism when the season concludes. Right now the members are performing the show they were given very well. It would be great if the focus was kept on them. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 4