Madison Scouts 2022

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Because the design was like 30+ years backward. It was from another era. It looked out of place. It produced their lowest placement in DCI History. It was a complete disaster. I found it to be entertaining, absolutely, but it was a disaster. An entertaining disaster. 

Yeah, you could've added all the coolest props imaginable to that show, and it would've placed where it did (though maybe the props could've hidden some feet issues maybe).

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 2

Just now, kdaddy said:

Yeah, you could've added all the coolest props imaginable to that show, and it would've placed where it did (though maybe the props could've hidden some fit issues).

Yes. There was nothing that could fix it, other than a complete design overhaul including the uniforms. 

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

It's not about how much they move up, or down, it's about the quality of the product and how that increases or decreases.

I appreciate all of the time and energy you put into your response, but it is a deflection. I was responding to your claim that the Scouts moving up to 15th is a significant move over their 17th place finish in 2019, "If the Scouts hold onto 15th, that will be a two spot improvement since 2019. In this insanely competitive activity, I’d say that’s a significant move." 

• Like 1

Just now, madisonsmiley said:

I appreciate all of the time and energy you put into your response, but it is a deflection. I was responding to your claim that the Scouts moving up to 15th is a significant move over their 17th place finish in 2019, "If the Scouts hold onto 15th, that will be a two spot improvement since 2019. In this insanely competitive activity, I’d say that’s a significant move." 

I don't think I said that. I think that was something else.

I don't think I'm deflecting.

No, moving up one or two places isn't much. But for me, that matters little. I'd rather have them move up one place with what I think is a huge design improvement, then move up 5 places because 4 other corps were on the decline. If anything corps like Colts and Troopers have really stepped it up. For me, this season is a huge improvement for Madison, because their show this year is a today show, not a show from the 80s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Yeah, you could've added all the coolest props imaginable to that show, and it would've placed where it did (though maybe the props could've hidden some fit issues).

I admit to being a cheerleader for Madison, as well as an alumni, and that show was designed to shut up the old balls.  Here’s what you’ve been crying for, for 10 years, now take it and go away. 

props, no props, elex, no elex, trombones, EWIs, French horns, bagpipes, even dimebags and cocaine weren’t going to make that show work in this century of drum corps. 

the members were all lovely humans, and deserved better for their tour fees than that bag of (redacted). 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

It is amazing how far the bar and expectations have been lowered for Madison, and the BOD don't care to address it. I guess going co-ed wasnt the answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TenHut said:

It is amazing how far the bar and expectations have been lowered for Madison, and the BOD don't care to address it. I guess going co-ed wasnt the answer. 

Patience Grasshopper!

22 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Why does co-ed have to always be brought up? It doesn't matter who marched these shows they would end up the same spot because gender doesn't change scores but design does. 

And whoever is talking 15th place has to remember there are open class corps that have to be added in. 

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Why does co-ed have to always be brought up? It doesn't matter who marched these shows they would end up the same spot because gender doesn't change scores but design does. 

And whoever is talking 15th place has to remember there are open class corps that have to be added in. 

Opening the gender field up theoretically opens up the talent pool. Before allowing persons of different genders to be members, they were limiting themselves to men only. Now they have access to the full talent pool out there. Will that pay off? Who knows.