DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

7 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

.... am I the only one to not sneak anything into a theater or sporting event?

I don’t, but I’m not exactly the most adventurous type. It has nothing to do with virtue. I’m disorganized and often run late.🙂

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We walked the mall today and I looked at Regal Cinemas to see if there as a poster for the event tomorrow.  I wanted to take a picture.  There was nothing. I was a little surprised. 

Just picked up my theater tickets; no posters but the lady did say "oh the band thing"?  I didn't; just let it go...  Many senior citizens headed in for the Elvis movie.  Think it's giving Top Gun a run at the box office.  

I remember why I said last year that I wouldn't get back on an interstate.  5 hour trip took about 8.5 hours with road construction & wrecks.  Headed to Muncie in the morning; hopefully to watch Crown & Phantom rehearse.  

• Like 3

I lived in Japan for several years. There (and then) people brought all kinds of food to theaters for movies. Worst was udon and ramen noodles. So much slurping!

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I get why, I just can't do it. It would make me feel guilty. Eh, it's just how I am. I don't buy anything at events though.... unless I really need the water. 

Everything is really expensive, so I understand. 

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I just checked the theater I’m going to and there are only ten seats sold. I’ve never been to this theater. It only opened a few months ago. Usually I go to a theater a few towns over knowing I’ll run into familiar faces but they were sold out last week. 

I do have a question. I purchased my tickets for tonight from Fathom Events a few days ago. Since then I have been receiving multiple emails from Geico, a company called Hopin offering me discounts, Leafilter Gutter Sistems, and US Veterans. Has anyone else had overflow mailboxes since buying tickets? 

No ads like those but the theater I'm attending has about 20 seats left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I lived in Japan for several years. There (and then) people brought all kinds of food to theaters for movies. Worst was udon and ramen noodles. So much slurping!

If the prices keep going up, then folks will start tailgating in the parking lot.  I did check on Top Gun Maverick today. She told me today is their discount day discount: $6.36!  Might go early for a warm up movie... 

• Like 1