DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Best Chicago pizza for dine in & mail order?  I've eaten at the one of Michigan Avenue but it's been several years ago.  Ginos maybe?  

I don’t like deep dish.  I like plain old Chicago tavern-style pizza.   The frozen Home Run inn is pretty good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Honestly, the pizza in Bloomington has been really bad too. I am shocked at how bad pizza is in this college town.

It’s the water.  There is something in the water up there that makes great crust.  I don’t even care if it’s a toxin, the pizza crust is so good.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The one down the road is general admission.  I have no idea.  I’d rather stay home.  Comfy sofa, big tv, Home Run Inn pizza, clean bathroom..  

Normally I have projector, sound system and 160" screen or wall to watch it on.. but I'm down in FL with the parents so the theater beats their little TV's 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No more Mother Bears?  

Mother Bears is excellent, but expensive. Goodfellows is excellent and inexpensive. Cafe Pizzaria just a couple doors down is also tasty, but those two don't deliver.

It took several months to figure out that the other options are terrible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No more Mother Bears?  

It's still here. I mostly agree with @jjeffeory, however. The pizza selection isn't as wonderful as you might think. But it might make sense from the perspective of marketing to college kids: The emphasis is on cheap and speed more than quality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It's still here. I mostly agree with @jjeffeory, however. The pizza selection isn't as wonderful as you might think. But it might make sense from the perspective of marketing to college kids: The emphasis is on cheap and speed more than quality.

...yet there's some excellent and authentic Chinese food.

Lucky Express is excellent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Heading to the airport in one hour ... in twelve hours, I'll be at Ford Field.  Anyone else there in person?  I'll be in section 106 / row 20 / seat 1

Section 106/ row 24 / seats 7-10

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The one down the road is general admission.  I have no idea.  I’d rather stay home.  Comfy sofa, big tv, Home Run Inn pizza, clean bathroom..  

Ya know. I sae that pizza in the frozen section at one of my local grocery stores. Is it any good?