DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

Ya know. I sae that pizza in the frozen section at one of my local grocery stores. Is it any good?

It’s the best frozen pizza ever made.  Do NOT put it on a pizza pan.  It goes directly on the rack.  Don’t worry, it’s parbaked so it won’t drip on your oven.  Just be careful taking it out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s the best frozen pizza ever made.  Do NOT put it on a pizza pan.  It goes directly on the rack.  Don’t worry, it’s parbaked so it won’t drip on your oven.  Just be careful taking it out.  

I'm a fan of Scream'n Sicilian. But I have been exploring. I'll get a couple for the weekend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Just picked up my theater tickets; no posters but the lady did say "oh the band thing"?  I didn't; just let it go...  Many senior citizens headed in for the Elvis movie.  Think it's giving Top Gun a run at the box office.  

I remember why I said last year that I wouldn't get back on an interstate.  5 hour trip took about 8.5 hours with road construction & wrecks.  Headed to Muncie in the morning; hopefully to watch Crown & Phantom rehearse.  

Yeah, marching band monikers can kind of be like road rage to us dinos. Best just to let it be. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Best Chicago pizza for dine in & mail order?  I've eaten at the one of Michigan Avenue but it's been several years ago.  Ginos maybe?  

Not Ginos East, not since the late 70s. In restaurant is unremarkable these days, and frozen is awful.

Malnatis' frozen version is passable, but not nearly as good as fresh. Giordano's for fresh (they're the best known of the stuffed varieties).  The frozen version of Unos is not great,  but the frozen thin crust versions of Connies are actually ok. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Mother Bears is excellent, but expensive. Goodfellows is excellent and inexpensive. Cafe Pizzaria just a couple doors down is also tasty, but those two don't deliver.

It took several months to figure out that the other options are terrible.

I'm surprised you find Goodfellows to be good pizza. Among my friends and I, goodfellows is the go-to spot after a night of drinking, but never when sober lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm surprised you find Goodfellows to be good pizza. Among my friends and I, goodfellows is the go-to spot after a night of drinking, but never when sober lol

Compared to Avers, dominos, PizzaX, and Bucceto's it's a 4 star affair.

Edited by jjeffeory
Commas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Ya know, Houston doesn't really have a pizza place (well known... at least to my knowledge), but we have lots and lots of taco trucks. And from my experience... they're pretty darn good. 

I ate California Pizza Kitchen one time when I lived in Houston. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud every time the waitress served a nearby table, "WTF is on that thing?? It looks like tofu, eggplant and white spinach. Where the F is the meat???" 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Compared to Avers, dominos, PizzaX and Bucceto's it's a 4 star affair.

It was a PizzaX manager who told me they don't care what it tastes like, Just get crap on the crust and get it out the door.

I was annoyed by all the burger comments a while back. Now I am doing the same thing with pizza.

• Haha 3

Cha Cha and I had dinner at the Third St Mother Bears a few months ago before seeing a Kristen Chenoweth show at the IU Auditorium.

Mother Bear’s serves outstanding pizza, and I walked to it often during my Willkie dorm days at Indiana.

But rats for tonight! I am missing the Detroit gig as I have Reds at Cubs tickets tonight - cellar dwellers of the National League Central Division.

• Like 1