DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

1 minute ago, DeanInChicago said:

Cha Cha and I had dinner at the Third St Mother Bears a few months ago before seeing a Kristen Chenoweth show at the IU Auditorium.

Mother Bear’s serves outstanding pizza, and I walked to it often during my Willkie dorm days at Indiana.

But rats for tonight! I am missing the Detroit gig as I have Reds at Cubs tickets tonight - cellar dwellers of the National League Central Division.

Make sure you catch it on replay!

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I ate California Pizza Kitchen one time when I lived in Houston. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud every time the waitress served a nearby table, "WTF is on that thing?? It looks like tofu, eggplant and white spinach. Where the F is the meat???" 

This NOT a jab to folks from California.

When I get food like that, definitely in Texas, I say "what in the California is this?" 

Again not a jab, at CA. I have had some REALLY good food there.

I'm curious, was it downtown? Maybe the theater district???

44 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It's still here. I mostly agree with @jjeffeory, however. The pizza selection isn't as wonderful as you might think. But it might make sense from the perspective of marketing to college kids: The emphasis is on cheap and speed more than quality.

My wife is from Bloomington (her father was faculty at IU). We met at Purdue. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

This NOT a jab to folks from California.

When I get food like that, definitely in Texas, I say "what in the California is this?" 

Again not a jab, at CA. I have had some REALLY good food there.

I'm curious, was it downtown? Maybe the theater district???

I don't really remember (like a lot of things). Maybe on Westheimer somewhere. 

We’re very undecided on our favorites for this evening. Ramon and Lucas are going with Bloo. Ethan and yours truly are all in for a BAC victory. Stephan, Connor, and our new friend Jeremy are going with the dark horse Cavaliers - WHY - Well it’s the Cavaliers that’s why!

Waiting for Stephan and Lucas to get back with street tacos 🌮 so we can get this party started. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

We’re very undecided on our favorites for this evening. Ramon and Lucas are going with Bloo. Ethan and yours truly are all in for a BAC victory. Stephan, Connor, and our new friend Jeremy are going with the dark horse Cavaliers - WHY - Well it’s the Cavaliers that’s why!

Waiting for Stephan and Lucas to get back with street tacos 🌮 so we can get this party started. 

Hopefully NOT Del Taco street tacos!

• Haha 1