DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

4 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Shot in the dark? Or do you see some evidence of a decline?

It's one thing to say that they may not win... but it's another to say they will be out of contention.  Seems to me that would require a decline of some sort as they are almost always in contention due to performance scores alone.

Now George is saying Devils won't be in contention come finals? BAHAHAHAHA. Good grief. Someone buy this guy a shot.

Edited by queenanne_1536

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I respect your opinion.

As a BD Honk, regarding the Devils being "Out of contention".........I will be back to this comment Finals Night to collect receipts. 

See you in August brother!

The last time the Devils were out of contention was 2006. The Devils will certainly be in contention come finals. They and the Bluecoats have the best designed shows of the season. It is a repeat of 2019 - hopefully, with the Bluecoats coming out on top this time.

If I had to bet money, I would bet the only corps with a shot at beating the Devils is Bluecoats, and the only corps with a shot at beating the Bluecoats is the Devils.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

for a medal? yes

But not for the championship imo 

It’s way too early to count those  naughty little Devils out of taking the big toy back to Concord. Like the Crownies, each season I respect opinions of indifference, and I respect yours. Time will tell! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

The last time the Devils were out of contention was 2006. The Devils will certainly be in contention come finals. They and the Bluecoats have the best designed shows of the season. It is a repeat of 2019 - hopefully, with the Bluecoats coming out on top this time.

I would say 2005 was the last time BD was out of contention.

Hear me out..................

Cavaliers was by far the best corps in 2006 and the right corps won. Hands down no debate there. Machine was a force and to this day is my favorite Cavies show! But BD was only down .7 if i recall correctly going into Finals night. We have seen corps make up that deficit and even larger from Semi's to Finals, 1996 Phantom, 1999 SCV, and 2000 Cavaliers come to mind. Not saying BD was going to in 2006, cause again the right corps won and deservedly so, but we had seen stranger things happen on finals night in previous years. I hope that makes sense without disrespecting the Cavaliers, cause again, the right corps won, and even as a BD Honk, even i would have had a serious problem with Godfather winning over Machine. 

2005 on the other hand, there was no hope of BD winning. No way. Not a chance in hell. 

17 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I would say 2005 was the last time BD was out of contention.

Hear me out..................

Cavaliers was by far the best corps in 2006 and the right corps won. Hands down no debate there. Machine was a force and to this day is my favorite Cavies show! But BD was only down .7 if i recall correctly going into Finals night. We have seen corps make up that deficit and even larger from Semi's to Finals, 1996 Phantom, 1999 SCV, and 2000 Cavaliers come to mind. Not saying BD was going to in 2006, cause again the right corps won and deservedly so, but we had seen stranger things happen on finals night in previous years. I hope that makes sense without disrespecting the Cavaliers, cause again, the right corps won, and even as a BD Honk, even i would have had a serious problem with Godfather winning over Machine. 

2005 on the other hand, there was no hope of BD winning. No way. Not a chance in hell. 

If BD didn't drop the shako in 06 they would have won. Change my mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If BD didn't drop the shako in 06 they would have won. Change my mind. 

I am the biggest BD Honk there is. And I LOVE Godfather Part BLUE. 

But Machine had it that year. 

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

So you’re now a “nation”?

That wasn’t a hahaha comment folks.

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am the biggest BD Honk there is. And I LOVE Godfather Part BLUE. 

But Machine had it that year. 

Did people forget that Phantom finished second in 2006 , BD finished third

lol 

• Like 1