DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I get why, I just can't do it. It would make me feel guilty. Eh, it's just how I am. I don't buy anything at events though.... unless I really need the water. 

One time I just confidently walked in with a whole dominos pizza into the movie theatre. Helps when the theatre is being worked by a bunch of 16 year olds who couldn’t care less lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Cappybara said:

One time I just confidently walked in with a whole dominos pizza into the movie theatre. Helps when the theatre is being worked by a bunch of 16 year olds who couldn’t care less lol 

Now that's something I have not seen before. Nice. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He walked in confidently.  That’s why no one bothered him. 

I think it was Michael Keaton in the movie The Paper that said if you have a notepad and pencil, walk confidently, and look nice you can get into any building in the world. Of course this is not true but that is what came to mind here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I think it was Michael Keaton in the movie The Paper that said if you have a notepad and pencil, walk confidently, and look nice you can get into any building in the world. Of course this is not true but that is what came to mind here. 

You should have seen security at the Pentagon on 12 Sep 2001.  

19 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I have been shocked since I moved up here in 2020 at the sparse DCI community around these parts (Fredericksburg). Perhaps more exists in the immediate National Capital Region, but when I used to live in Raleigh, NC, the theaters were overflowing with people of all ages to catch a glimpse of drum corps. I know Cary HS just west of Raleigh is a stalwart competitor at that level. 

Interested to see how many show up tonight.

Yeah my experience in northern virginia is that there's increased interest in loudon and fairfax county but everywhere else it's pretty dead. Even in those counties, it's not nearly as popular as it is in areas like texas or the midwest 

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He walked in confidently.  That’s why no one bothered him. 

Yup! I do this all the time outside of a movie theatre setting and it usually ends up working for me haha 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I have been shocked since I moved up here in 2020 at the sparse DCI community around these parts (Fredericksburg). Perhaps more exists in the immediate National Capital Region, but when I used to live in Raleigh, NC, the theaters were overflowing with people of all ages to catch a glimpse of drum corps. I know Cary HS just west of Raleigh is a stalwart competitor at that level. 

Interested to see how many show up tonight.

I lived in Dale City and drove to Fairfax to one of the theater events and Alexandia the next year. Both had decent turnouts.

Edited by jjeffeory