Jump to content

DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm surprised you find Goodfellows to be good pizza. Among my friends and I, goodfellows is the go-to spot after a night of drinking, but never when sober lol

Compared to Avers, dominos, PizzaX, and Bucceto's it's a 4 star affair.

Edited by jjeffeory
Commas
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Ya know, Houston doesn't really have a pizza place (well known... at least to my knowledge), but we have lots and lots of taco trucks. And from my experience... they're pretty darn good. 

I ate California Pizza Kitchen one time when I lived in Houston. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud every time the waitress served a nearby table, "WTF is on that thing?? It looks like tofu, eggplant and white spinach. Where the F is the meat???" 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Compared to Avers, dominos, PizzaX and Bucceto's it's a 4 star affair.

It was a PizzaX manager who told me they don't care what it tastes like, Just get crap on the crust and get it out the door.

I was annoyed by all the burger comments a while back. Now I am doing the same thing with pizza.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cha Cha and I had dinner at the Third St Mother Bears a few months ago before seeing a Kristen Chenoweth show at the IU Auditorium.

Mother Bear’s serves outstanding pizza, and I walked to it often during my Willkie dorm days at Indiana.

But rats for tonight! I am missing the Detroit gig as I have Reds at Cubs tickets tonight - cellar dwellers of the National League Central Division.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeanInChicago said:

Cha Cha and I had dinner at the Third St Mother Bears a few months ago before seeing a Kristen Chenoweth show at the IU Auditorium.

Mother Bear’s serves outstanding pizza, and I walked to it often during my Willkie dorm days at Indiana.

But rats for tonight! I am missing the Detroit gig as I have Reds at Cubs tickets tonight - cellar dwellers of the National League Central Division.

Make sure you catch it on replay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I ate California Pizza Kitchen one time when I lived in Houston. I can't tell you how many times I said out loud every time the waitress served a nearby table, "WTF is on that thing?? It looks like tofu, eggplant and white spinach. Where the F is the meat???" 

This NOT a jab to folks from California.

When I get food like that, definitely in Texas, I say "what in the California is this?" 

Again not a jab, at CA. I have had some REALLY good food there.

I'm curious, was it downtown? Maybe the theater district???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It's still here. I mostly agree with @jjeffeory, however. The pizza selection isn't as wonderful as you might think. But it might make sense from the perspective of marketing to college kids: The emphasis is on cheap and speed more than quality.

My wife is from Bloomington (her father was faculty at IU). We met at Purdue. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...