DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

On 6/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, Liahona said:

It is both. I plan on going to theater for a change this year and then watching the replay on flo the next day.

Historically I thought it was only in theaters but flo turns it on for the scores only.  

On 6/11/2022 at 4:33 PM, mjoakes said:

Based on the lineup, any thoughts on who leads the night? (Or are Bluecoats pretty much the strong favorite?)

I can see Boston in first, followed by Bluecoats, Cavies, Blue Stars, Crossmen then Phantom Regiment.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Historically I thought it was only in theaters but flo turns it on for the scores only.  

You are correct.  I am only going by what they posted...

--------------------

DCI Tour Premiere

Jun 28, 8:25 PM EDT

Here's how to watch the 2022 DCI Tour Premiere broadcast on FloMarching. The 2022 DCI Tour Premiere broadcast starts on Jun 28, 2022 and runs until Jun 29, 2022. Stream or cast from your desktop, mobile or TV. Now available on Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast and Apple TV.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Looking at the lineup, and without having seen any parts of any shows of the bunch, my prediction is as follows:

1. Bluecoats (71.25)
  2. Boston Crusaders (70.90)
  3. Cavaliers (70.10)
  4. Blue Stars (66.90)
  5. Phantom Regiment (64.35)
  6. Crossmen (64.10)

Took a stab at scores as well just for kicks and giggles.

A couple of factoids:

This is the first Tour Premiere that Carolina Crown will not partake in since traveling out west in 2013.

At the 2015 Tour Premiere, the finish was as follows: 1. Cadets, 2. Bloo, 3. Crown. By season's end in 2015, the order relative to these three corps flipped and Crown claimed silver, Bloo bronze, and Cadets finished 4th. 

Similarly in 2017, at the Tour Premiere, the finish was 1. Bloo, 2. Crown, 3. Cavaliers. By season's end in 2017, the order relative to these three corps flipped around to Crown winning bronze, Cavaliers taking 4th, and Bloo slipping to 5th. 

So, changes have occurred and will occur, but I am mostly just stoked to have two solid hours of competitive drum corps back on the big screen! 🎺

Two weeks from today.  I’m going to watch at home.  My theater experiences have not been positive. I want to go and see Top Gun but I’m sure that the theater patron from hell will plop down next to me. 

31 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Looking at the lineup, and without having seen any parts of any shows of the bunch, my prediction is as follows:

1. Bluecoats (71.25)
  2. Boston Crusaders (70.90)
  3. Cavaliers (70.10)
  4. Blue Stars (66.90)
  5. Phantom Regiment (64.35)
  6. Crossmen (64.10)

Took a stab at scores as well just for kicks and giggles.

A couple of factoids:

This is the first Tour Premiere that Carolina Crown will not partake in since traveling out west in 2013.

At the 2015 Tour Premiere, the finish was as follows: 1. Cadets, 2. Bloo, 3. Crown. By season's end in 2015, the order relative to these three corps flipped and Crown claimed silver, Bloo bronze, and Cadets finished 4th. 

Similarly in 2017, at the Tour Premiere, the finish was 1. Bloo, 2. Crown, 3. Cavaliers. By season's end in 2017, the order relative to these three corps flipped around to Crown winning bronze, Cavaliers taking 4th, and Bloo slipping to 5th. 

So, changes have occurred and will occur, but I am mostly just stoked to have two solid hours of competitive drum corps back on the big screen! 🎺

I love that you put in scores. Things are moving forward fast!

On 6/17/2022 at 6:21 AM, craiga said:

Now 10 days til this show in Detroit.......

Thread deserves a bump after seeing BAC and PR do their park shows. 

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Stephan's crystal ball said:

1. Bluecoats (73.35)

2. Cavaliers (72.75

3. Boston Crusaders (70.40)

4. Blue Stars (69.81)

5. Phantom Regiment (67.45)

6. Crossmen (62.30)

These qualify as bold predictions , imo , as I’m not so sure after the 2 years of layoffs from scored competition,  the scores will be this high starting out the season ( score predicted here for example of cavaliers at 72.75 would be Cavaliers highest opening score to start a season since 2009 ) .  But .. who knows . Time will tell .