DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

3 hours ago, craiga said:

I think Boston will win tomorrow night, with a 73.9.

I agree that I think Boston will win.  I don’t do scores (i don’t know enough about that) but i DO think you have been a bit too generous at 73.9.

1. Bluecoats: 75.9 - Some pretty interesting props, and the music is off the charts! Percussion humming!

2. Cavaliers: 75.7 - What a hornline, better use of the field through the props! Percussion nice, Guard humming

3. Boston Crusaders: 75.7 - Some pretty interesting props, clean brass and percussion.

4. Phantom Regiment: 70.8 - Really loud hornline. Good prop work. A show that makes sense from the stands!

5. Blue Stars: 69.1 - This is a wildcard for me. I like the source music, and Blue Stars are always classy.

6. Crossmen: 63.4 - Haven't heard the best about them, but I expect a good product. I hope they bring it.

I started the score here based on the scores out West, and we all know someone will be close to breaking 80 by July 1st - July 4th. That's not too far off.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I like some of these predictions so far. I am anxiously waiting to watch from my local theater tomorrow night. Also, how cool that Legends gets to perform the National Anthem? I wish we got to see them perform too...

I'm really interested in caption races this year, so I will predict that tomorrow night the Bluecoats will take GE and Brass, Boston will take Guard and Visual, and Cavaliers will take Percussion. I think it will be a competitive night. Excited!

Legends hasn't even started move ins. They are a third of the size they were the last time they competed. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

We walked the mall today and I looked at Regal Cinemas to see if there as a poster for the event tomorrow.  I wanted to take a picture.  There was nothing. I was a little surprised. 

Regal has been showing the commercial for it before certain movies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I agree that I think Boston will win.  I don’t do scores (i don’t know enough about that) but i DO think you have been a bit too generous at 73.9.

Boston is a logical choice however DCI preview almost always follows LY - so Bloo then... yeah probably Bluecoats with a 71... 

• Like 1

I'll give it a run.

1. Bluecoats 73.25
2. Boston Crusaders 72.00
3. Cavaliers 71.50
4. Phantom Regiment 68.10
5. Blue Stars 67.35
6. Crossmen 65.00

Shot in the dark ‘cause I haven’t heard or seen a lick of bloo cavies or Blue stars, but…

Bluecoats: 74.2

Cavies: 73.25

Boston: 73.05

Phantom: 70.8

Blue Stars: 69.95

Crossmen: 66.3

Very curious how close or off I am here👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Boston is a logical choice however DCI preview almost always follows LY - so Bloo then... yeah probably Bluecoats with a 71... 

This. Even though 2019 seems forever ago it is “last season”.  

Bloo 73.10
Cavies 71.55
Boston 70.95

• Like 1