DCI 2022 Judging

On 6/15/2022 at 10:29 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

I predict people will ask:

1.  Corps X electronics failed mid-show - how could the judges award that number?

2.  Judge - there was a major tear on side 2 in the closer - didn't you see that?

3.  Corps Z - is all park & bark, why the high number in visual?

4.  Can't you hear the thundering-goo overpowering the ensemble?

1 and 4 hands down

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I too wonder what the effects of marching 165 will be. That's a boatload of bodies on the field. Just no tarps, please. I can see a 165 car pileup. 

staging is now the game

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I predict lots great summer memories being made this summer. From seeing old friends/family. 

And lots of BBQ.

How many "old" friends could a young kid like you have?

j/k ...enjoy. To quote Guido in Risky Business, time of your life, eh kid? 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

time of your life

Also Billy Joe Armstrong, Green Day.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

How many "old" friends could a young kid like you have?

j/k ...enjoy. To quote Guido in Risky Business, time of your life, eh kid? 

Man, I miss my 20s lol!!!!

I look forward to every summer for that reason. BBQ and good times. 

• Like 2

I’m curious.  Is there a list of judges that also show past corps affiliations, either as an mm or instructor?  Are there any current judges that are currently affiliated with any corps as instructor or consultant?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I’m curious.  Is there a list of judges that also show past corps affiliations, either as an mm or instructor?  Are there any current judges that are currently affiliated with any corps as instructor or consultant?

Judges consult with groups constantly, it's kinda like how people constantly go from industries to working in the govt agencies that are supposed to regulate said industries, and vice versa. Former Secretary of Defense? Go be CEO for Lockheed Martin.

In 2009 I taught a HS band, and their consultant was a regular DCI finals judge (including that year). This was band camp, right after finals. He said flat out that he would never give good scores to Cadets because he didn't like the straight leg marching style.

Edited by FTNK

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Judges consult with groups constantly, it's kinda like how people constantly go from industries to working in the govt agencies that are supposed to regulate said industries, and vice versa. Former Secretary of Defense? Go be CEO for Lockheed Martin.

In 2009 I taught a HS band, and their consultant was a regular DCI finals judge (including that year). This was band camp, right after finals. He said flat out that he would never give good scores to Cadets because he didn't like the straight leg marching style.

My concern would be a judge actively judging during the season, adjudicating corps competitive with their consulting gig.  I know of a judge who judged his former corps more harshly so as not to appear biased.