DCI 2022 Judging

So, I don't remember since it has been a few years.....do we still have those absurd partial panels in June or do we have full slates now? Yes, Detroit, I am looking at YOU. 

2 hours ago, craiga said:

So, I don't remember since it has been a few years.....do we still have those absurd partial panels in June or do we have full slates now? Yes, Detroit, I am looking at YOU. 

Unfortunately, the only info on DCI site is from 2016.................authored by Michael Boo RIP

https://www.dci.org/news/adjudication-101-who-judges-what

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

judges are supposed to declare any conflicts. i dont believe you can be on a corps payroll and judge it. however....the activity is insular. everyone knows someone or many someones from some other aspect of the activity. if i recall a few years ago a highly respected percussion judge pretty much judged open class all year cause their child marched in a world class group

Not all judges in the real, legal world always declare conflicts, so I don't have 100% faith that it always happens in our small little world.

I agree though, we all know or know of each other. Well, at least those of us who stay interested in the activity over decades and go to shows. Anyway, I'm just around to bring a little balance. Not everything done in our activity is noble or diabolical, and we should acknowledge all aspects of our hobby.

19 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Not all judges in the real, legal world always declare conflicts, so I don't have 100% faith that it always happens in our small little world.

I agree though, we all know or know of each other. Well, at least those of us who stay interested in the activity over decades and go to shows. Anyway, I'm just around to bring a little balance. Not everything done in our activity is noble or diabolical, and we should acknowledge all aspects of our hobby.

In Biology we have a term for that - consanguinity (the characteristic of having a kinship with another person).

Sometimes we just call it 'degree of incestuousness'.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In Biology we have a term for that - consanguinity (the characteristic of having a kinship with another person).

Sometimes we just call it 'degree of incestuousness'.

Holy crap. Big word. Where's my 12 y/o grandson when I need help with these? 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

I too wonder what the effects of marching 165 will be. That's a boatload of bodies on the field. Just no tarps, please. I can see a 165 car pileup. 

try 450 on the field