Lucas Oil Seating

Will be bringing one of my friends new to DCI to either prelims, semis, or finals this year (havent decided which yet) and was trying to figure out what seats would best balance seeing some drill but avoiding the booming echo that's prevalent in the higher seats. I know I'm a little late to the game for tickets, been quite busy and didn't have time to think about it until now! 

My take on it: anything in the four middle 200 section.

In previous years, I liked to vary where we sat.

Prelims: down front close enough to see the performers faces and in the "blast zone".

Semis: up higher for the drill.

Finals: mid level to just enjoy the show.

It's been harder to do that the past several seasons. We got the 3 ticket DCI special this year -- section 139. I think they'll be ok. 

Down low--sections 139, 140 or 141. Great sound, great up-close views of the performers. Your friend will be blown away in those sections.  Best way to secure seats in those sold out sections is to get the the stadium an hour before showtime--people always show up with extra tickets to sell--or you can deal with the scalpers if all else fails. 

Each corps usually have a block of seats for sale. Pick your favorite corps and see if they have any extra seats available in their block? That might work.

• Like 1

I bought mine from Cadets and Cavaliers.  Thanks to them. 

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Each corps usually have a block of seats for sale. Pick your favorite corps and see if they have any extra seats available in their block? That might work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

Down low--sections 139, 140 or 141. Great sound, great up-close views of the performers. Your friend will be blown away in those sections.  Best way to secure seats in those sold out sections is to get the the stadium an hour before showtime--people always show up with extra tickets to sell--or you can deal with the scalpers if all else fails. 

I believe all tickets are electronic scans this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I think they've all been released on Ticketmaster without needing the code from the various corps.