Flights to and from......

I hope the airlines get this mess figured out by August.  In my case Delta.  Atlanta to Indy.  I'm leaving Wednesday morning.  So I have that cushion if needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjyaub said:

I hope the airlines get this mess figured out by August.  In my case Delta.  Atlanta to Indy.  I'm leaving Wednesday morning.  So I have that cushion if needed.

I left myself a lot of cushion.  Flying into Cincinnati on Sunday and going to the show there on Monday.   If I don’t make it into town for that, no great shakes.  Driving to Indy Wednesday.  Now let’s see if we can get home on the 14th….

4 hours ago, mjyaub said:

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I left myself a lot of cushion.  Flying into Cincinnati on Sunday and going to the show there on Monday.   If I don’t make it into town for that, no great shakes.  Driving to Indy Wednesday.  Now let’s see if we can get home on the 14th….

Delta connecting in ATL for me as well.  I've been checking my departing flight every day & it's only canceled once which was  yesterday (Sunday).  I'm hoping it was for a mechanical issue or lack of reservations (early 1st flight of the day) to which they bumped anyone to the next flight to ATL.  We shall see; hopefully they'll have it figured out by the 2nd week of August. 🛫🛫      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The Transportation Secretary says..

3svjkw.jpg

Because the Dept of Transportation hires airline employees. That's how it works... 🤣

It's international, peeps. Flying out of a major EU hub a few weeks back, security line for those without Fast Track (TSA-Pre equivalent) was a city block long, and flights were gutting cancelled because they were short of staff. Interruptions have ripple effects, and we're still a few months or a year out from all of the WTFkery of the last two years to settle out. Plan ahead, plan contingencies, and the smartest and most prepared will be fine.

9 hours ago, mjyaub said:

Using Delta is good. You need to stick with a major carrier with multiple daily flights into Indy. Never schedule the last flight of the day. You have to put yourself into position to easily be rescheduled if your flight is canceled. 

9 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

Using Delta is good. You need to stick with a major carrier with multiple daily flights into Indy. Never schedule the last flight of the day. You have to put yourself into position to easily be rescheduled if your flight is canceled. 

Agree! Mine is first flight out of ATL. Getting to Indy early. Plan on taking guided tour of Lucas Oil later in the day.

3 hours ago, mjyaub said:

Agree! Mine is first flight out of ATL. Getting to Indy early. Plan on taking guided tour of Lucas Oil later in the day.

I keep checking all of my flights everyday; if it's DL1554, it's been canceled today, 21 Jun 2022.  (Both ATL - IND & return flight IND - ATL)  But the flight history back to early June looks ok.  Maybe another issue?  If it should look dire in August, I may just drive.    

Update: Looks like the earliest flight ATL-IND is DL712?  Looks like it was canceled once on 17 June 2022.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

I'm driving, but I now live in Indiana, so it's about 50 miles away...

...to all of you who complain that Indy is not a tourist destination.... Neither is Madison, Bloomington, Buffalo, Kansas City, Birmingham, Providence....

There's quite a lot to do in Indiana. I've lived in 12 states, including California, DC, LA, and others and there's stuff to do in Indy if you search for it.

If you get that bored, there are amusement parks within several hours drive of  the city. There's a respected zoo. There's a multitude of shopping. There are clubs and bars downtown.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2