Flights to and from......

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm driving, but I now live in Indiana, so it's about 50 miles away...

...to all of you who complain that Indy is not a tourist destination.... Neither is Madison, Bloomington, Buffalo, Kansas City, Birmingham, Providence....

There's quite a lot to do in Indiana. I've lived in 12 states, including California, DC, LA, and others and there's stuff to do in Indy is you search for it.

It was a lot easier from Aurora, Illinois, too.  Now, it’s a whole thing to get there.   Oh well, no snow so I’ll take it.

• Like 2

My SO lives in Atlanta and works for Delta and I currently live in Indianapolis so I make the trip to and from Atlanta from Indy (for free, thanks to some great flight perks for being in a relationship with someone working at Delta 😄) quite often. There has been something weird going on with flights going to other parts of the country that have led to a lot of flights being redirected to Indianapolis and in turn have caused issues with the flights from Atlanta to Indy. Delta normally has a pretty stellar track record so I imagine the current issues are only temporary 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm driving, but I now live in Indiana, so it's about 50 miles away...

...to all of you who complain that Indy is not a tourist destination.... Neither is Madison, Bloomington, Buffalo, Kansas City, Birmingham, Providence....

There's quite a lot to do in Indiana. I've lived in 12 states, including California, DC, LA, and others and there's stuff to do in Indy if you search for it.

If you get that bored, there are amusement parks within several hours drive of  the city. There's a respected zoo. There's a multitude of shopping. There are clubs and bars downtown.

Having lived in Indianapolis for the past year, it has surprised me as a city. Would I voluntarily choose to live here? No. But it actually has a great number of things to do and the food and drink scene here is surprisingly good (not NYC or LA good, but still great at very affordable prices). There's a reason why it is often the city of choice for hosting large events. I agree that it's underrated 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Having lived in Indianapolis for the past year, it has surprised me as a city. Would I voluntarily choose to live here? No. But it actually has a great number of things to do and the food and drink scene here is surprisingly good (not NYC or LA good, but still great at very affordable prices). There's a reason why it is often the city of choice for hosting large events. I agree that it's underrated 

New Indy tourism slogan:  Indianapolis - It’s Underrated.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

New Indy tourism slogan:  Indianapolis - It’s Underrated.  

Oh that could be taken sooooo many ways…. 😈

Trying to remember what place went to one time and thought “it’s not as bad as I’ve heard…. It’s worse…”. 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Trying to remember what place went to one time and thought “it’s not as bad as I’ve heard…. It’s worse…”. 😱

I was in USAF - and career was like Johnny Cash song ‘Everywhere Man’.  
Several places come to mind that is worse.   Not fond of Youngstown AF Reserve Base.  Moody AFB & Valdosta Ga come to mind as well.   But others may disagree. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I keep checking all of my flights everyday; if it's DL1554, it's been canceled today, 21 Jun 2022.  (Both ATL - IND & return flight IND - ATL)  But the flight history back to early June looks ok.  Maybe another issue?  If it should look dire in August, I may just drive.    

Update: Looks like the earliest flight ATL-IND is DL712?  Looks like it was canceled once on 17 June 2022.  

I was on 1554. They rebooked and I’m on 712. Just checked and it looks like a go 50 days out.

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I keep checking all of my flights everyday; if it's DL1554, it's been canceled today, 21 Jun 2022.  (Both ATL - IND & return flight IND - ATL)  But the flight history back to early June looks ok.  Maybe another issue?  If it should look dire in August, I may just drive.    

Update: Looks like the earliest flight ATL-IND is DL712?  Looks like it was canceled once on 17 June 2022.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Indianapolis:  it’s better than Rochester.  :peek:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was in USAF - and career was like Johnny Cash song ‘Everywhere Man’.  
Several places come to mind that is worse.   Not fond of Youngstown AF Reserve Base.  Moody AFB & Valdosta Ga come to mind as well.   But others may disagree. 

Jim was lucky.  He was stationed in Beaufort, SC and then El Toro in Southern California.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Indianapolis:  it’s better than Rochester.  :peek:

Sad part is I still remember how to get to the WalMart from the hotel near the airport. Hang a left, drive past airport, then Wegmans consolidation (trucking) center, etc etc. It’s been over 10 years now.

One year went other way and stopped somewhere for “supplies”. Someone freaked that I was in the “black area”. 🤯 My response was “they didn’t give a (crap) and neither did we”. Actually neighborhood behind the stadium looked like where a relative lived in Harrisburg. Lower working class but you could tell lot of them were trying to keep their place up.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1