The Blue Stars Present....

Don't count out Mandarins in this mix too.

Great job, Blue Stars!

• Like 1

people have been asking me about show meaning, so hear goes:

I guess its left up to you the viewer to decide. I think it is about conflict, separation, home life while others are off fighting, proud patriotism, the insanity of war, the fact life goes on while wars take place and all are affected, the exhaustion of it all!!!!!!, trying to find some sense of normalcy and beauty in the midst of pain....and drowning your sorrows remembering better times, resolution and the search for peace/joy in the end despite our differences. I like that the show is not real literal.... Is for you to draw the dots together in a way that makes sense to you. The show is sophisticated and abstract enough to set a mood and does not hit you over the head with a theme...that's the beauty of this show!!

Its not a singular narrative about war and peace. it captures a lot of the impact that war brings and a thirst/search for peace in the midst of it.  The guard is selling the moments better each night. 

This is gonna be a really good show by finals.

• Like 1

Blue Stars design staff did a great job with this show, probably their best show since LaTour for me. I didn't really get the war and peace theme but I just read KVG_DC post and now it makes a little more sense to me. I can see this show as high at 6th place in Indy

• Like 1

I haven't really found a 'singualr story' in it as much as a series of vignettes of war and the desire for peace.  Which is a great way to go with it.  I mean, it's not like they're gonna get 587,287 words of Tolstoy condensed into an 11 1/2 minute show without going .... WAY over time. 

• Like 1

My biggest take away from yesterday is there is no reward for using the whole field for technical musical difficulty. Also, spread out curves get less points than close blocks. The question becomes do you lose your identity for competitive success or continue to be your own unique group and hope for the rewards. 

I will be proud of the Brads and their decisions either way because they put together a fine group of individuals. 

• Like 1