The Blue Stars Present....

11 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just wish they got some respect πŸ™ƒ everywhere is just people saying they shouldn't be beating "x" and "y" is way better. Must be hard for people to think Blue Stars can be good 😁

mostly sour grape honks and some jealousy in my opinion. Blue Stars have a long long long history of beating corps; recently and going way way way back that others felt in the gut. They also try new things that, at first, others just don't quite know what to make of.Β  There will always be naysayers for their own benefit.Β  It is always easier to criticize and tear down then to createΒ  positively.Β  Just as in life, beauty is often in the eye of the beholder.Β  just keep rolling in the space of optimism and looking forward!!!Β  Β Blue Stars are a very good drum corps on many different levels both on and off the field.... thus the reactions both positive and negative.Β  Will beΒ  fun to see where the Blue Stars end up with this show..... FCO

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brians said:

mostly sour grape honks and some jealousy in my opinion. Blue Stars have a long long long history of beating corps recently and going way way way back that others felt in the gut. They also try new things that, at first, others just don't quite know what to make of.Β  There will always be naysayers for their own benefit.Β  It is always easier to criticize and tear down then to createΒ  positively.Β  Just as in life, beauty is often in the eye of the beholder.Β  just keep rolling in the space of optimism and looking forward!!!Β  Β Blue Stars are a very good drum corps on many different levels both on and off the field.... thus the reactions both positive and negative.Β  Will beΒ  fun to see where the Blue Stars end up with this show..... FCO

I don’t see too much criticism of Blue Stars. I think it’s mostly indifference. Hopefully they’ll get some respect as more people see (and hear!) them live. The section where the brass is spread from the 10 to 10 while playing with good balance and intonation is incredibly impressive.Β 

• Like 5

I was highly impressed with Blue Stars at Whitewater (via Flo of course). They are outstanding and the show is engaging and fun.Β 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t see too much criticism of Blue Stars. I think it’s mostly indifference. Hopefully they’ll get some respect as more people see (and hear!) them live. The section where the brass is spread from the 10 to 10 while playing with good balance and intonation is incredibly impressive.Β 

For sure, seeing them live is all together different experience then watching on flow.Β  You simply can not get the total effect of that horn line until you see them live.Β  The microphones/cameras on the flow broadcasts are not set up for their whole field front to back side to side coverage, thus not getting the blend you hear live as well as the total impact of the guard work.Β  I would also add, sitting out on the 20 or 30 yard line is a very different experience than sitting on the 40/50.Β  With the horn line spread out like they are, only hearing one side of the horns does not do them justice.

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Who would have thought the Blue Stars would ever return to the top tier of World Class? They started declining in the late 70's, and for decades were in Division 2 or 3. Biggest comeback story, for sure.Β 

You have to admire that resilience if nothing else.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I agree with the indifference aspect. The Blue Stars are a β€œboring” corps in that they stay away from controversy, weren’t a part of the G7, and have been placing high enough to not be in trouble of missing finals but not high enough to be considered a contender.Β 
Β 

I personally have found their productions in the past decade to be quite entertaining and this year is no exception. I think that with the corps not having much of a rabid fan club on DCP, they end up in a position where everyone isn’t necessarily rooting against them, but they are rooting for their own favorite corps to pass them up

• Like 2