The Blue Stars Present....

19 minutes ago, HouserCD said:

That would be impressive.  The Simon Bolivars large orchestra performed that in Britain and it was memorable.  The Grandeur and Power of it.  When SCV performed that in 87 or Madison in Reframed 2012 it was spectacular.

Don't forget Vanguard 94 - Red Poppy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Especially considering some of those legacy corps have come under some trying times recently in Cadets and Phantom, the fanbases are just naturally antsy for their corps to return to the upper echelon of the activity and no one should blame them for wanting to get back there, the overarching good thing for the activity is that there are plenty of corps that are in the way contending to make moves of their own like Blue Stars, we’ll definitely have to keep an eye on how this continues over the next several years👀 just makes for more interesting competition!

everyone wants and likes a shake up/ upset in drum corps, until they are the one being upset.  With the demise of the G7, parity seems to slowly be coming back, and with it, great competition.  

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

Way to go Blue Stars,  It has been 43 years since Blue Stars last beat Cavaliers at the 1979 DCI finals in Birmingham AL. However, Blue Stars must push to the end;   it is not over until its over and I am not counting Cavies or Phantom out until the last score is read!!! Both are within striking distance. Cadets in the mix should be interesting as well..... FCOOOOOOO!!!!!

Edited by brians

• Members
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I just got home. from the show.  All corps performed well and most were marching holes.

Blue Stars use a lot of props!  This is a very good corps.  The group that I was with felt that some of the color choices could be better.  I also am wondering if using that many props may hold them back.  Anyhow, there is a lot of potential in this show..  Once this show gets cleaned up and a few adjustments are made, I think the Blue Stars could make some noise!

19 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:
  • Members
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I just got home. from the show.  All corps performed well and most were marching holes.

Blue Stars use a lot of props!  This is a very good corps.  The group that I was with felt that some of the color choices could be better.  I also am wondering if using that many props may hold them back.  Anyhow, there is a lot of potential in this show..  Once this show gets cleaned up and a few adjustments are made, I think the Blue Stars could make some noise!

well, im not worried about the props holding anything back,,,, have you seen the number and size of props all the top corps are using right now???? Funny how they dont ever seem to get mentioned.  Props are the sign of the times!!! how you use them is what matters.  Agreed , Blue Stars could make some noise for sure!!!

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Brad posted a photo and this caption since the last time Blue Stars beat Cavies. One hell of an accomplishment. 

42 years, 11 months, 0 days

1979 was the last time Blue Stars placed in the top 5 of a caption at Finals (performance brass)   I'd say there's a good chance they do that this year.  It's truly an awesome sight to see Blue Stars currently in 6th spot after last night.  Patience, perseverance, and real support in action.

• Like 1

Blue Stars have had more overall score growth than any other world class corps this summer moving up 17 points in 11 shows. At 1.5 points per show they should score slightly over 100 points at prelims. 😁

• Like 1