2022 Daily Run Down

July 15 Run-Down

Louisiana Stars entered the competition field with a debut at #28. The other corps in the show are all in different groupings competitively so there's little to see there. While Boston Crusaders saw the largest increase in score, the corps also had the longest time between shows. 

Les Stentors make their debut tonight, having traveled all the way to California to open up their 2022 season. 

1zybpV9.png

Very happy to see Les Stentors make the long trip here to California. Looking forward to seeing them live tonight. 

Also we won't be seeing Gold perform again until DCI Southeast in Atlanta. Gold has a number of illnesses and COVID thru out the corps. They will be doing standstill tonight in Yucaipa, tomorrow in Vista and Sunday in Bellflower. 

Speedy recovery to all the Gold kids, and the entire drum corps community. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Very happy to see Les Stentors make the long trip here to California. Looking forward to seeing them live tonight. 

Also we won't be seeing Gold perform again until DCI Southeast in Atlanta. Gold has a number of illnesses and COVID thru out the corps. They will be doing standstill tonight in Yucaipa, tomorrow in Vista and Sunday in Bellflower. 

Speedy recovery to all the Gold kids, and the entire drum corps community. 

Really hate to hear that, Chief. I'm starting to get a little concerned as we move towards Indy. That would be so heartbreaking if one or more corps were unable to perform. Everything OK with your son, though? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Really hate to hear that, Chief. I'm starting to get a little concerned as we move towards Indy. That would be so heartbreaking if one or more corps were unable to perform. Everything OK with your son, though? 

Yes my son is ok. Thank you for asking. He was coughing really bad when they came back from Stanford. But it went away after a day thank goodness. We had him take a COVID test and it was negative.

Here at Yucaipa now. Gold is currently warming up right now. 

• Like 4

July 16 Run-Down

A weird competition night for sure. Due to weather, illness, etc., most of the corps' expecting new scores do not have them. In the California Open Class show, we did see some major increases.  Les Stentors debuted at #30. Golden Empire led the way with an 11.700 point jump in its first show in 10 days. Impulse was also over 10 points (10.550) with closer to two weeks between performances. While the score improvement is not as impressive, Columbians are making a statement this year outpacing their own previous performances by a wide margin.

Depending on how all this craziness plays out, tonight should be one of the biggest nights of the season - certainly the biggest so far. Genesis makes its debut so we will have all World Class corps officially on the books for the first time. Southwind also performs for the first time tonight. It's been a week since Boston Crusaders and Carolina Crown saw each other in the same show. Can Boston narrow the gap or overtake Crown or will Crown remain one of the two undefeated corps? Where will The Cavaliers end up after 10 days without a score?

tYuw4iu.png

Can we give some major props to the kids from Blue Devils C?

They beat Impulse head to head last night by a comfortable margin. 

Those kids are rock stars and congratulations to them. 

Some of the BDC kids were in the crowd when scores were announced. You would have thought they just hit the mega millions lotto the way they celebrated lol. 

Awesome to see. Congrats again BDC!!!!!

• Like 9

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Can we give some major props to the kids from Blue Devils C?

They beat Impulse head to head last night by a comfortable margin. 

Those kids are rock stars and congratulations to them. 

Some of the BDC kids were in the crowd when scores were announced. You would have thought they just hit the mega millions lotto the way they celebrated lol. 

Awesome to see. Congrats again BDC!!!!!

I flipped over just in time to catch BDC last night. What a treat. I thought they'd be bigger given the size of that organization, but nevertheless, they stole my heart. Congrats to them. 

• Like 2

Featured Trumpet and Snare have serious chops.  They're so fun to watch.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I wonder if DCI has a policy that applies when a Corps has a Covid outbreak during finals week?