Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

I didn’t see a topic for today’s show yet. Did I overlook it? If not, here it is. 

(All times PST)

6:00 PM Welcome & National Anthem

6:10 PM Vessel - Long Beach, CA

6:20 PM Alisal CAN Marching Band - Salinas, CA

6:30 PM Freelancers Alumni Corps - Escondido, CA

6:42 PM Impulse - Buena Park, CA

6:57 PM Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA

7:12 PM Gold - San Diego, CA

7:27 PM Intermission

7:57 PM The Academy - Tempe, AZ

8:15 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

8:33 PM Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

8:51 PM Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

9:09 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA

9:27 PM Encore - Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

9:34 PM Scores Announced

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

Another late night, Terri. And the Ayatollah will want to go to church in the morning and St. Mattress won't be an option. I'm a dead man. 

Might as well start practicing my Hail Marys right now, cause I'm gonna hear about it.

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Another late night, Terri. And the Ayatollah will want to go to church in the morning and St. Mattress won't be an option. I'm a dead man. 

Might as well start practicing my Hail Marys right now, cause I'm gonna hear about it.

My mother calls that "The Mattress Miracle." Since I had 8 years of the "Sisters of Mercy" smacking me with rulers (I cannot confirm nor deny any involvement in "borrowing" the little clicker they used to tell us when to stand, sit and kneel) and throwing Holy Water on me while screaming "Don't laugh! That's what Satan wants you to do!" (yes....this DID actually happen,) I find a great deal of humor in Saint Mattress. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Not sure who you are referencing, but my wife absolutely cannot stand a loud tv.  Much less my Onkyo surround system with a 15” subwoofer.  😂

• Haha 3

Just one thought re: Impulse. I'm from small corps, love small corps and truly appreciate their efforts to compete against the big boys week in and week out, but for all things Holy, would Impulse management please get those kids some different headgear or go headgear free? Those ball caps are just wrong and have always been wrong. 

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My mother calls that "The Mattress Miracle." Since I had 8 years of the "Sisters of Mercy" smacking me with rulers (I cannot confirm nor deny any involvement in "borrowing" the little clicker they used to tell us when to stand, sit and kneel) and throwing Holy Water on me while screaming "Don't laugh! That's what Satan wants you to do!" (yes....this DID actually happen,) I find a great deal of humor in Saint Mattress. 

Do you know how to make Holy Water?

You take ordinary water and boil the h*ll out of it.

• Haha 6