Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

I love SCV so much musically.  Just not sure what to make of it visually yet.  I'm watching hi cam and I do like the drill a lot, but I think the colorguard can and will be better integrated eventually.  

• Like 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Totally get why this isn’t working for  some — definitely a show where the bigger picture isn’t working as well as the little details, and I hope they figure that part out because they are clearly a very very talented corps this year.

My first read was last night and tonight I had the same feeling which is this does not have a championship winner feel to it

Maybe rewrites would change that

• Like 4

Just now, KVG_DC said:

That…prop shook as they went to get out of it.   This vertical trend with SCV and Mandarins this year has me a bit nervous.  

Did you ever see Carmel HS Winterguard a few years back when they used Kate Bush's "This Woman's Work?" They used these staircases that scared me EVERY TIME a member climbed up even a few steps. 

• Like 3

Much better than last night.  Looking forward to seeing the whole show.  Need to change something with the color scheme with the guard.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I just figured out how I feel about this SCV show.  It is so sterile and uninteresting and feels like Babylon 3.0.

That is all.

-Carry on!

My first thought was basically that. Maybe it'll grow on me as the year goes on, but right now it strikes me like Vox Eversio and a lot of the Blue Devils shows from the past few years have, very well executed, but just ok from a personal effect point of view.

• Like 1

SCV Staff: hey kid, can you play high notes

Kid: ya

SCV Staff: can you climb stuff like a silly little monkey

Kid: ya

SCV Staff: wanna do both at the same time???

Kid: ………..

• Haha 3

Also. I wanna say the SCV percussion book is not what it’s been, particularly the front ensemble.  The Sanford may be on the move.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1