Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

3 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

With bluecoats Crown Boston cavaliers waiting  in the wings  you’re calling it already? 
The season just started my friend 😊

I agree, but I will say that BD has the understanding of what to add/subtract during the season and especially heading into and in finals week.  The staff and kids have been able to find the extra notch to to turn up.  I am not a huge BD fan, I am a very big Midwest and East Coast Corps fan because that is where I grew up (Michigan) went to clinics to see their staffs, etc, and taught with people who were groomed in those cultures.  I love Madison, Bloo, Cavies, Crown, Blue Stars and Crossmen, but the factory that BD has put together (who else has three competing levels of corps), alumni that closely connect with the corp after aging out and a system that seems to bring them to brink of winning year after year.  They have become the “New England Patriots” of Drum Corps.  Putting a show on tonight like the one they performed, after two years of absence, could only be done by an organization like this.  I look forward to see the Detroit show on Tuesday, and you may be very right by the end of the year that several corps will be right with them, but for now, despite the score tonight (adjudication is cruel mistress sometimes), this is a hot show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Kinda shocked by that close of a spread between BD and SCV.

Yep, I would have had BD at a 77.  Everyone else was about right.

• Haha 2

BD swept everything except percussion and the music analysis achievement score

1 minute ago, Vdad76 said:

I agree, but I will say that BD has the understanding of what to add/subtract during the season and especially heading into and in finals week.  The staff and kids have been able to find the extra notch to to turn up.  I am not a huge BD fan, I am a very big Midwest and East Coast Corps fan because that is where I grew up (Michigan) went to clinics to see their staffs, etc, and taught with people who were groomed in those cultures.  I love Madison, Bloo, Cavies, Crown, Blue Stars and Crossmen, but the factory that BD has put together (who else has three competing levels of corps), alumni that closely connect with the corp after aging out and a system that seems to bring them to brink of winning year after year.  They have become the “New England Patriots” of Drum Corps.  Putting a show on tonight like the one they performed, after two years of absence, could only be done by an organization like this.  I look forward to see the Detroit show on Tuesday, and you may be very right by the end of the year that several corps will be right with them, but for now, despite the score tonight (adjudication is cruel mistress sometimes), this is a hot show.

I’ll be rooting for either the Giants or Eagles of the drum corps world(not a perfect comparison, but ya know) to take them down as I usually do, but yeah, for everyone it’d be good to wait a sec ‘till everyone’s been on the field👌

BD performs at a level no corps can really match. But I think of Drum Coros as an art. Because something is perfect doesn't make it art for me. I really don't want hear Moon River or maybe Simple Gifts being played by yet another corps. Congratulations to the Blue Devils on preforming what will be a technically perfect show come finals with performers that other corps can only dream of. I, however, will be following shows that maybe will take me the whole season to fully understand.

• Like 4