Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

9 hours ago, Vdad76 said:

I agree, but I will say that BD has the understanding of what to add/subtract during the season and especially heading into and in finals week.  The staff and kids have been able to find the extra notch to to turn up.  I am not a huge BD fan, I am a very big Midwest and East Coast Corps fan because that is where I grew up (Michigan) went to clinics to see their staffs, etc, and taught with people who were groomed in those cultures.  I love Madison, Bloo, Cavies, Crown, Blue Stars and Crossmen, but the factory that BD has put together (who else has three competing levels of corps), alumni that closely connect with the corp after aging out and a system that seems to bring them to brink of winning year after year.  They have become the “New England Patriots” of Drum Corps.  Putting a show on tonight like the one they performed, after two years of absence, could only be done by an organization like this.  I look forward to see the Detroit show on Tuesday, and you may be very right by the end of the year that several corps will be right with them, but for now, despite the score tonight (adjudication is cruel mistress sometimes), this is a hot show.

Hi, I am hoping you could leave the New England Patriots out of comparisons. They simply don’t win often enough to be in the discussion. 😜

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

They're with Conn Selmer now rather than using their own branded horns, using Kings. Also using Ludwig drums, though you wouldn't know it from the lack of visible logos. 

It's all coming full circle.....

P-B1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Your mom understands demand more than you. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Ok, just watched BD.  If they play 6.5 minutes ensemble out of 13 minutes I would be shocked.  It's like a throwback show in the 70's with props and amps (actually a LOT more park and blow).  Enjoyable show.  So MUCH park and blow.  Sorry guys if this wins it won't be on demand.  Hard to tell if the horn line is loud or it's just that much amping.  Guard and drumline are working it.  Hornline meh at best visually.  Seriously, if they get demand and composition credit over other corps for this, something is wrong IMHO.  I liked it, I just don't see it winning unless a lot more (more difficult) judgeable content is added. 

LMAO!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m waiting for the replay so I can’t watch BD yet but someone sent a dress rehearsal video to Jim this morning that has drone shots.  Pretty cool.  Are they using different brass this year?  The mellos have a unique sound. Dare I say closer to a French horn sound than I’ve heard in drum corps in a long time. 

The instant replay of individual performances are available almost immediately after the corps performs. You don’t have to watch the full show replay. Weird thing is that you can only seem to easily access them from the website, not the app. (ETA: they ARE in the app, but I run around in circles trying to find them)  

https://www.flomarching.com/events/7709386-2022-drum-corps-at-the-rose-bowl/videos?playing=7863544

Edited by brassboy
  • Thanks 1