Question re Troopers

Schedule says Troopers first contest is in 8 July, almost two weeks from now.

Do you think that this will have an impact on their scores?  Many other Corps will have 2 weeks of judging under their belts by this point, with re-writes & cleaning underway.  Troopers could be somewhat behind the curve based on schedule alone.

PS - I miss Granny Smith, #1 Troopers fan

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
speling
  • Like 2

Guess there's two schools of thought on that, just as in sports when teams have a long layoff between playoff series. One, as you say. The other, two more weeks to prepare, know a little about your competition and come in fresh. 

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Guess there's two schools of thought on that, just as in sports when teams have a long layoff between playoff series. One, as you say. The other, two more weeks to prepare, know a little about your competition and come in fresh. 

Yup - And I will say that it doesn't make too much sense to head to CA & AZ for early shows that are on weekends, and having to find housing for the week.  I suppose they could go to the midwest, and then return to Wyoming & Denver for DCI-West.

That said, Blue Knights, who are from the same general area are going to CA next weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yup - And I will say that it doesn't make too much sense to head to CA & AZ for early shows that are on weekends, and having to find housing for the week.  I suppose they could go to the midwest, and then return to Wyoming & Denver for DCI-West.

That said, Blue Knights, who are from the same general area are going to CA next weekend.

That’s a short season.  35 or 36 days, depending on whether they  make finals or not.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is also the fuel cost savings to consider this year.  Dollars will need to be stretched and this decision helps on that issue.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1