2022 Uniform/Costume (whatever you want to call them) Thread

1 hour ago, Continental said:

At first, I read "diatomaceous " but thought that making uniforms out of the fossil remains of small, aquatic organisms wasn't possible.

Yet.

But if it was, yet ANOTHER Jurassic Park show would be born. So in a way, maybe it's a good thing that it's not yet possible. 

I got made fun of on here back in 2016 when I said bloo opened the door to exactly what we have no as far as uniforms/costumes go.  i'm not against any of it at all, but it was pretty clear to me that bloo winning a championship in what looked like onesies would have a pretty big impact.  

the only corps proper uniform i don't really like this year is SCV's, but i'm convinced it's a work in progress.  

• Like 2

Crossmen290519305_10159070903748335_161379829734

Edited by njthundrrd

25 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

Crossmen290519305_10159070903748335_161379829734

If you’re going to ditch your corps colors, atleast make sure your uniforms don’t look like that of a Texas high school with way too large of a budget. Ugh, this season is really making me feel like an old fart

On a positive note, it isn’t white

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

If you’re going to ditch your corps colors, atleast make sure your uniforms don’t look like that of a Texas high school with way too large of a budget. Ugh, this season is really making me feel like an old fart

Welcome to many of our worlds.

One word: Bluecoats ( lol ).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lance said:

I got made fun of on here back in 2016 when I said bloo opened the door to exactly what we have no as far as uniforms/costumes go.  i'm not against any of it at all, but it was pretty clear to me that bloo winning a championship in what looked like onesies would have a pretty big impact.  

And I argued that the 2016 Blooniform didn't do anything to help portray the story of that show. Uniforms/costumes are presumably more comfortable these days, and designers don't have to be tied to a particular color palette governed by some ages old uniform. But how many of the one-and-done show-specific costumes really enhance the theme of the show all that much?

In my mind, a few would include SCV in 2018 and 2019, Bloo in 2018, 2019, 2021, BAC in 2017, 2019, 2021. Crown 2018. 

Boston

290382413_399103275584702_45422340962895

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

It is so sooo bad. The purple feels tired and the effects are tacky.  The plume is too short for the massing on the shakos (also Crossman in shakos... I thought they learned in the late 90'?).

Paints need tailoring and the tunics hemmed up two inches at least. They look so stumpy and dumpy.

Very much large budget Texas high school with no talented designer to make up for this attempt.

So wrong.

• Like 1