Western Corps Connection

Hey SCV: (as if they read this)  get your FULL show on tonight. If BD is performing a full show- you should as well. No excuse 

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, KPinCAL said:

Hey SCV: (as if they read this)  get your FULL show on tonight. If BD is performing a full show- you should as well. No excuse 

I’m gonna catch hell for this but when you have almost an entire month of ST, I think they should have complete shows.   And the entire season for the corps who were in the show Friday until August 13 for those who make finals, is 46 days.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Not happening. More going in next week…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I had that same feeling except going the other way to the east coast.

Several years back I went TAD (Temporary Assigned Duty) to Norfolk Naval Base when I was stationed in San Diego. 

I get to Norfolk on a Monday afternoon, get to my room, settle in, 5:30pm rolls around, and I go to turn on Monday Night Football, can't find it, I start freaking out, forgetting about the eastern time zone I am now in. As soon as I realize it, I am like "MNF starts at 8:30pm on the east coast? It won't be over till 11:30pm!" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times. LMAO.

I am retired USAF; made the opposite trip several times.  

There was an 0545 flight out of Norfolk that got me (via Atlanta) to San Diego mid afternoon.  I got to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic & set over the Pacific on the same day.  Took Lewis & Clark longer than a day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m gonna catch hell for this but when you have almost an entire month of ST, I think they should have complete shows.   And the entire season for the corps who were in the show Friday until August 13 for those who make finals, is 46 days.  

I take it they don't assign under-time penalties any more?  I can recall (& suspect you can too) unprepared Corps at early contests going to parade-rest after performing partial show to avoid a penalty.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not from me. You remember shows in May, I'm sure. VFW State the second weekend in June. Yes, we had the benefit of kids being locals then and had plenty of winter and early spring rehearsals, but only one weekend camp in spring to finish things up. Not nearly 30 days straight of dawn to dusk Hammer Time. An incomplete show was unheard of and if it did ever happen to anyone, a complete embarrassment. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Not from me. You remember shows in May, I'm sure. VFW State the second weekend in June. Yes, we had the benefit of kids being locals then and had plenty of winter and early spring rehearsals, but only one weekend camp in spring to finish things up. Not nearly 30 days straight of dawn to dusk Hammer Time. An incomplete show was unheard of and if it did ever happen to anyone, a complete embarrassment. 

I remember they were shows in early June in 72 and 73.  And the IDBCA in Loves Park was AFTER DCI. By 78, mid June first show and no shows after DCI. Of course, DCI finals were held 8/21/78. A lot changed in seven seasons after the formation of DCI.

Jim remembers a Kenosha show in May 73 where it snowed. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KPinCAL said:

Didn’t their entire viz staff quit just before move-ins? — I think that’s an okay excuse! I’m sure they’ll finish up the show soon, it’s only weekend #1. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

Anybody else think Mandarins could catch SCV this year?

Personally, I absolutely do... and I think it could be in the next show or two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3