Western Corps Connection

SCV’s design feels unfocused right now. But I’m confident that they’ll figure it out, there’s good stuff here. And that hornline is talented. I feel for the guard — also very talented, but just getting lost. Drumline killer as usual, and I love the idea of that snare feature, but it’s definitely one place where the uniforms become a problem — snares just get kinda eaten up by the white uniforms of the surrounding hornline as they do body movements on the ground. Hope SCV figures all of this out.

• Like 4

Do we know what the source music for their  ballad is? I like it. 

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah, the all white has the effect that Phantom 2010 did almost rendering the guard visually unnoticed. Which is a shame because this guard is working their tails off!  

I’m thinking (hoping), the color of the guard is more effective in person. I’m always struck after seeing the corps live, and in person how the flomarching stream never does the shows justice. Visually or aurally. 

• Like 1

Scheduling has been wonky all night because of the delay it seems. They actually got ahead of the revised schedule so … BD is sticking to their gate time…

• Like 2

I’m hoping for that hen treat commercial again…

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

I’m thinking (hoping), the color of the guard is more effective in person. I’m always struck after seeing the corps live, and in person how the flomarching stream never does the shows justice. Visually or aurally. 

I wish that were the case, but it's not much better in person. I found it hard focusing on the guard at times last night if they were not in front of the rest of the corps.

• Like 1

Just now, dcsnare93 said:

I wish that were the case, but it's not much better in person. I found it hard focusing on the guard at times last night if they were not in front of the rest of the corps.

That’s a shame