Western Corps Connection

SCV looks like they are wearing diapers when their jackets ride up.  I despise their costumes.  Their show is confusing and bores me.  i really hope it improves, because i have been a fan of SCV since I was 7 years old.  Please ditch those white monstrosities for your red and green uniforms with your green aussies and white feathers.  I would be happy with a white and red feather as well.  These 2022 costumes are not flattering on most body types, and they distract from the overall production.  On a positive note, I know nothing really about percussion, but my good friend who is also watching the feed says SCV's drumline is off the chain.  Do people even say that anymore?  Probably not, but that shows my ageI know this show will change a lot, so I hope if really grows on me by August.

• Like 2

That delay probably sucked ### for the east coast.  Sorry 

• Haha 3

I really like this show for SCV. Things are missing for sure. It is unfinished and not just the closer. The brass and percussion are excellent. Brass again sound excellent to my ears tonight. Tough book. Percussion is always great. They march well and the guard is good. I think they will do well in the performance captions. I think they just need to finish the show and begin the hard work of layers and tweaks to make this thing fly. I love most of the music, aside from the very beginning. 

I'd actually love to see something like stained glass windows in some of the props, or maybe mirrors. I am also hoping for some uniform changes throughout the show. Please, let's get the closer on the field SCV. The sooner you do that the sooner you can begin to work out the kinks. But I do like the show. 

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Pretty sure it's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." They just did some really nice rearranging.

Yeah I definitely thought I heard some quotes from it

10 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

SCV’s design feels unfocused right now. But I’m confident that they’ll figure it out, there’s good stuff here. And that hornline is talented. I feel for the guard — also very talented, but just getting lost. Drumline killer as usual, and I love the idea of that snare feature, but it’s definitely one place where the uniforms become a problem — snares just get kinda eaten up by the white uniforms of the surrounding hornline as they do body movements on the ground. Hope SCV figures all of this out.

Seems the issue with the visual staff might have had an argument.  I’ll keep the faith for now that they’ll figure it out. 

• Like 1

Cripes.  How does BD teach body movement that gets so many kids moving the same way so soon?

• Like 4