Western Corps Connection

9 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Mandarins YET AGAIN closing that gap on SCV.

Something to watch.

There is over a 4 point difference and you are acting like they are about to win the season. Cool the jets. 

Also factor in mandarins or on an island right now with nobody in their tier at any shows. Once BK joins it will change spreads. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 3

Just want to point out that on Friday, PC was nearly five points ahead of Gold. The gap is down to 1.9 points now. 

Yes i understand Gold is Open and PC is World, but they are on the same sheets. Keep it up Gold!!

• Like 8

Gold was cooking last night.  They’ve got a great show.  The opening playing to the backfield so lushly then making the turn really gets me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

This is the first time I’ve used Flo… maybe ever? Have they been getting better or have I just gotten lucky tonight and last night?

My money is on luck. They've had some issues early on. 

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

So far, Vanguard is not bringing the emotion and feel to the field with this program. In 2018, they had it from day one. Hopefully, some big changes will remedy that. 

Yeah true, at least for me. I've been trying to feel connected to it.. However the program is good, if they develop it the right way, it will end up as many favorites including me.

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Just want to point out that on Friday, PC was nearly five points ahead of Gold. The gap is down to 1.9 points now. 

Yes i understand Gold is Open and PC is World, but they are on the same sheets. Keep it up Gold!!

We used to like the fact that we were on the same sheets- we could see how we stacked up against the powerhouses.

After I aged out there was a show where drums were within 0.5 of Phantom.  I understand that there were some heated exchanges in the critique.  

• Like 1

Are judges recording their notes on their phones now? Or maybe it’s not new, but I’m only just noticing. Caught glimpses of the field judge last night and he was talking into an iPhone. 

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Are judges recording their notes on their phones now? Or maybe it’s not new, but I’m only just noticing. Caught glimpses of the field judge last night and he was talking into an iPhone. 

Hmm I wonder if the ambient noise cancellation on iPhones has become good enough that they’re now considered an adequate replacement for a traditional tape recorder. I imagine it’s much easier to export those files from an iPhone too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

He was chatting to a friend saying why are we still using small cassette recorders and tapes for notes.....

• Like 1