Western Corps Connection

8 hours ago, MelloNell said:

Just now getting to see the show from multi angle.  For gods sake BD, get those kids some black T-Shirts in the corps proper!  The bare mid drift is horrendous.  Love the show.  But, details.

Honestly, with the way that a drum corps summer shaves those extra inches away, this could very well be a problem that fixes itself lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Honestly, with the way that a drum corps summer shaves those extra inches away, this could very well be a problem that fixes itself lol 

I was wondering if it’s actually the pants that are falling down. They certainly could have lost some in the waist between measurements and now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Neither Bloo, nor Crown were the crowd darlings last season though ( albeit Crown's show was a one and done performance ).  That said, who knows if Phantom  Regiment will return as the " crowd darling " this season as they were last season when it was non scored performances.

You know, I never saw that Crown show. I must have really been busy last summer (I was).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Love the performance level and such, but the program really looks and feels like Babylon 3. The 2019 production had that similar vibe, and maybe they're just adopting that persona permanently, but it felt a bit stale in terms of concept. 

Strange how being formulaic is fine for some corps and not for others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You know, I never saw that Crown show. I must have really been busy last summer (I was).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was a pretty good show from them . They are doing their  musical closer from last season , again this season for those that missed their show last season . 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:14 PM, BDCorno said:

Uniform delivery was waaay behind. Some of the uniform components weren't used this weekend, so we'll see those in subsequent performances. Apparently many fitting issues as well. It does suck when you have those types of distractions at the worst time (like when they finally delivered our jackets in 1976 at the Concord show), but you adapt and overcome. Color scheme and all is nice, and working well. As always, excited for the finished product. Many fail to realize it, but BD programs are a constantly evolving organism until very, very late in the season. "Blocked in" visually early season, a "once over" refining of major show components/concept early season to San Antonio, a second pass through the show to focus and smooth transitions, then frosting on the cake between Allentown and Indy. Definitely a method that has proven effective, and they'll continue to grow until the last minute of the last rehearsal before finals. Never coasting.

They obviously know what they are doing.  I can recall some years when the show I saw in June barely resembles the show I saw at Finals.  BD has an amazing staff and wonderfully talented performers.  

On 6/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, lyndakay27 said:

I noticed the same! Some tops were cut too short. I hope the uniform staff is fixing that. 

Don’t want to throw the uniform company under the bus, but they arrived late and there were some major fit issues. Not sure if this particular issue was part of it, but they have a way to go to get everyone fitted properly 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

Could be worse...at least it’s not alumni costuming. 🤣