Drum Corps International 50th Anniversary

Are they going to commemorate it in any way , or is it just going to be a logo?  I haven’t seen anything so far.  Maybe they think we’re all dead.  Not dead yet. 

if you have a Facebook account, The Museum of Drum and Bugle Corps page has done a great job of posting photos, newspaper articles, and general remembrances of those of us who marched in the first championship.  There’s even a newspaper article posted with a photo of the hornline I was in at rehearsal. 

• Like 6

I suggest Dan Potter and Dan Acheson get 50 swats each. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSazBGB8wWG9-XE5ZJgMHC

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

A podcast and buy our merchandise?  I’m underwhelmed.

“I watched the podcast and bought a tshirt” items?

ok went to my old college after many years and still see the “my kid and my money go to…”. They sold those as bumper stickers decades ago

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“I watched the podcast and bought a tshirt” items?

ok went to my old college after many years and still see the “my kid and my money go to…”. They sold those as bumper stickers decades ago

In 1992, they had every corps that had ever made finals represented in uniform.  It was very cool.  On the 40th, they had a lot of events.  An Al Chez concert for one thing.  The 50th?  A podcast and buy our ####.  LOLOL 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In 1992, they had every corps that had ever made finals represented in uniform.  It was very cool.  On the 40th, they had a lot of events.  An Al Chez concert for one thing.  The 50th?  A podcast and buy our ####.  LOLOL 

Yeah, a real tribute....lol.........I also believe they are having a breakfast/brunch where you can pay to "hobnob"......THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people spent 14 hour days on parking lots practicing (not astroturf stadiums like today) to showcase this organization.  They will spend tons of effort on an "ageout ceremony" (we did not have those, other than maybe leaving shoes on the field) for many kids who only marched one season, and very few who marched 3)......many members who aged out in 1972 are now in their 70's....but like you said, "we are not dead yet"......I know that they have gone through tough years trying to get through this pandemic, but there would have been plenty of volunteers willing to run something special........their loss...........

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

Yeah, a real tribute....lol.........I also believe they are having a breakfast/brunch where you can pay to "hobnob"......THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people spent 14 hour days on parking lots practicing (not astroturf stadiums like today) to showcase this organization.  They will spend tons of effort on an "ageout ceremony" (we did not have those, other than maybe leaving shoes on the field) for many kids who only marched one season, and very few who marched 3)......many members who aged out in 1972 are now in their 70's....but like you said, "we are not dead yet"......I know that they have gone through tough years trying to get through this pandemic, but there would have been plenty of volunteers willing to run something special........their loss...........

I have tons of memorabilia in my scrapbook.  I kept the 1972 preliminary participant pass and my finals ticket.  It was $4.50 btw.  Cheap seats since I was a 14 year old kid.  The higher priced ticket was $6.00. 

• Like 1