Top Hotels in Indy for Championship weekend?

Ok, so regardless of price what have been your top hotels for championship weekend?

I would like to be close to all events going on and close to LOS. Thanks! I know they are expensive right now but we have always wanted to be there for the whole weekend and have never been able to so I'm willing to spend some money if necessary.  

The Omni is my favorite. Older but classy, and a lot of DCI visitors around. Plus, the bar is open late.

Find hotels via DCI's web site for good rates. The Omni is usually around $280-$300 per night, but $191 through DCI.

Others are good, too. Sheraton, JW Marriot (a Vanguard favorite), Hyatt Regency...all good and about the same price. Super close is a Holiday Inn Express, though it is $189, essentially the same as the Omni.

Nearly everything is within walking distance of LOS and restaurants.

• Like 1

I always stay at the Omni Severan. Great service and 3 block to stadium and in midst of restaurants. 

• Like 1

I've mostly stayed at JW Marriot, which is the plan this year, but I've stayed at Conrad and liked it as well, much smaller property. 

• Like 3

Hotels? JW is my favorite, but my friends like the Crown Plaza. 

But for the last couple of years, we’ve stayed at AirBnBs. Half the price, sometimes three times the space. 

• Like 1

All hotels suggested are great and you really can't go wrong.  

Omni is great for location.  Service is wonderful.  In 2010 they upgraded us to an awesome two level room with spiraling staircase and balcony for about $169/night.  Rooms seems higher this year but it's been 3 years since I was in Indy. 

I actually liked Indianapolis Marriott Downtown.  Use to be DCI's old headquarters.  I like it because if it is hot, you can literally walk through the convention center to get to the gates.  If you are nice and have some credentials, they will let you go underneath the stadium for an even shorter cut.  

I stayed at Conrad one year.  Always nice hotels but smaller room.  Connected to the mall like Omni and a couple other hotels. 

Stayed at Hilton once.  I had the greatest time because they gave us a huge room that was close to 1,000 sq. ft.  Think Venetian rooms in Las Vegas but even bigger.  Not sure what we did to get such a great room.  They even let us keep a fridge someone else dumped outside their room to use the remainder of the week for free.  Front desk always greeted you if they were not busy.  If you are a fan of BD, they usually practice at IUPUI.  The walk from Hilton to there is not too far.  I thought it would be too far away from the stadium but it was fine. 

I stayed at Hyatt Place in '19 by the arena where the Pacers play.  I liked it as well.  Free breakfast in the morning is a treat.  Good to pack snacks you'll need while you are at the show so you don't need to pay food vendor prices.  Close to some good nighttime bars and clubs where the young hang out.  

• Like 1

We've stayed for many seasons at the Staybridge across the street from LOS. They have a breakfast and evening buffets. There's a few restaurants within walking distance, but we usually take the free shuttle downtown.

It's a Crown hangout. Next door is usually (last time I was there) a BAC place, but they have a bar, so we play nice. 🙂

• Like 2

I am budget-conscious, so usually just spend one night in Indy, riding the Greyhound from Chicago. 

I’ll grab a Priceline hotel most years - staying at the Hyatt Regency this August. Have often stayed at the LaQuinta too near the Indy transit center - the hotel was rebranded about 2 years ago. It might be a Best Western nowadays.

My annual splurge is Allentown, with airfare to Philly, rental car, and hotel or AirBnb for 2 nights. 

• Like 1