Top Hotels in Indy for Championship weekend?

Omni is great, we stayed at Staybridge last year and it was really nice to be right at the stadium. 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 7:16 AM, mjoakes said:

The Omni is my favorite. Older but classy, and a lot of DCI visitors around. Plus, the bar is open late.

Find hotels via DCI's web site for good rates. The Omni is usually around $280-$300 per night, but $191 through DCI.

Others are good, too. Sheraton, JW Marriot (a Vanguard favorite), Hyatt Regency...all good and about the same price. Super close is a Holiday Inn Express, though it is $189, essentially the same as the Omni.

Nearly everything is within walking distance of LOS and restaurants.

Holiday inn express was $350 a night when we stayed there in 2019.  Maybe it is less now.  You had to fill out an application the year before (2018) and give them your credit card number. I wanted to kill Jim just on general principle. $350:a night for a Holiday inn express!?!   We’re staying at the Omni this time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Holiday inn express was $350 a night when we stayed there in 2019.  Maybe it is less now.  You had to fill out an application the year before (2018) and give them your credit card number. I wanted to kill Jim just on general principle. $350:a night for a Holiday inn express!?!   We’re staying at the Omni this time.  

That's awful.

A couple that haven't been mentioned - the Embassy Suites is not a far walk, and it was remodeled in the last couple of years.  Breakfast and evening snacks included.

There's a brand new Tru hotel just east of Lucas Oil.  If you leave by the East Gate, walk straight ahead up Merrill St and it's right there.

If you want to stay close to Military Park and the warm-up area, The Residence Inn on the Canal is only about a block away.

Fun Fact - the Hilton was an office building in a previous life.  The rooms are all huge because they were offices. That's also why the funky hallway arrangement. The parking in the attached garage is ridiculously expensive, though.

The apartment building at Illinois and Market St (The Block) has several units that are listed on AirBnB. I think other buildings nearby are similar.

16 minutes ago, PaminIndy said:

A couple that haven't been mentioned - the Embassy Suites is not a far walk, and it was remodeled in the last couple of years.  Breakfast and evening snacks included.

There's a brand new Tru hotel just east of Lucas Oil.  If you leave by the East Gate, walk straight ahead up Merrill St and it's right there.

If you want to stay close to Military Park and the warm-up area, The Residence Inn on the Canal is only about a block away.

Fun Fact - the Hilton was an office building in a previous life.  The rooms are all huge because they were offices. That's also why the funky hallway arrangement. The parking in the attached garage is ridiculously expensive, though.

The apartment building at Illinois and Market St (The Block) has several units that are listed on AirBnB. I think other buildings nearby are similar.

Is Tru a boutique hotel?  Because I love those.  I really liked staying at the Alexander but the other half felt like it was too far off the beaten path. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:16 AM, mjoakes said:

The Omni is my favorite. Older but classy, and a lot of DCI visitors around. Plus, the bar is open late.

Find hotels via DCI's web site for good rates. The Omni is usually around $280-$300 per night, but $191 through DCI.

Others are good, too. Sheraton, JW Marriot (a Vanguard favorite), Hyatt Regency...all good and about the same price. Super close is a Holiday Inn Express, though it is $189, essentially the same as the Omni.

Nearly everything is within walking distance of LOS and restaurants.

Thank you for reminding me about DCI website discounts. I have been checking all my regular sites and the DCI rates are the best. Looks like even with the discounted rate you still have the option to cancel up to the week of the event should you have too.  Thanks again

Thank you for all the replies.  I appreciate it. I'm surprised noone mentioned the Crown Plaza. It's only less than a block from LOS and looks like a neat place. Anyone recommend them? 

By the way if I were a certain Carolina corp I would only want to stay there..lol