Jump to content

Performance Order at Tour Events


Recommended Posts

Does anyone else beside me think that the order of performance at each show should be different. It would make it more intriguing for the fans to not have the leader last and down from there. Not in finals but in the other shows. I also think it could make the whole event more competitive or might I say Equalized over time. It’s getting like pro and some amateur sports , money buys success. Just wondering what you think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, dureau said:

Does anyone else beside me think that the order of performance at each show should be different. It would make it more intriguing for the fans to not have the leader last and down from there. Not in finals but in the other shows. I also think it could make the whole event more competitive or might I say Equalized over time. It’s getting like pro and some amateur sports , money buys success. Just wondering what you think. 

Nope. It's fine the way it is. Besides performance order won't shake up anything. If you are better, than it doesn't matter what performance slot you are in.

Someone wants a later time slot, kick butt and go earn it and not expect the rules to change so it can be given to you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't the old TOC do round robin? There were 7 (?) Corps and 7 TOC shows and over the entire series each went on first, last, and every spot in between.

I don't recall it making a lot of difference. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Didn't the old TOC do round robin? There were 7 (?) Corps and 7 TOC shows and over the entire series each went on first, last, and every spot in between.

I don't recall it making a lot of difference. 

Correct. Take BD for instance...........

From 2012-2017 in the TOCs, BD performed in one of the first 3 performance slots 14 times. Here is how they did.........

10 first place finishes.

3 second place finishes.

1 third place finish. 

And they were unbeaten (6-0) when they performed first in the evening.

If you are the better corps with the better show, doesn't matter what time you perform.

Enough said.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

who wants to sit through a show when the order is Phantom, BD, mandarins, SCV, Bluecoats, crossmen, Jersey Surf?

I would feel bad for Crossmen and surf having to follow two of the top 3 corps and not competing next to their competition

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Nope. It's fine the way it is. Besides performance order won't shake up anything. If you are better, than it doesn't matter what performance slot you are in.

Someone wants a later time slot, kick butt and go earn it and not expect the rules to change so it can be given to you.  

Actually, since design drives scores, and the scores are SUBJECTIVE, "earning it" seems to happen in the Winter, not in the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

who wants to sit through a show when the order is Phantom, BD, mandarins, SCV, Bluecoats, crossmen, Jersey Surf?

I would feel bad for Crossmen and surf having to follow two of the top 3 corps and not competing next to their competition

Had that happen Friday and Saturday this past weekend. 

Friday Night at the Vista show, PC went on last after Academy, Mandarins and SCV.

Saturday Night at the Rose Bowl, PC had to follow the Mandarins who just set the Rose Bowl on fire with their performance. 

I felt so bad for PC. 

Edited by Chief Guns
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Had that happen Friday and Saturday this past weekend. 

Friday Night at the Vista show, PC went on last after Academy, Mandarins and SCV.

Saturday Night at the Rose Bowl, PC had to follow the Mandarins who just set the Rose Bowl with their performance. 

I felt so bad for PC. 

Home show Corps often have this problem, hopefully offset by playing before enthusiastic hometown crowds. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Home show Corps often have this problem, hopefully offset by playing before enthusiastic hometown crowds. 

In the case of PC, they are definitely loved by all out here in Cali/SoCal, but they still don't have a "Hometown" advantage with BD, SCV, and now the Mandarins taking flight. PC will be ok moving forward. I was devastated for PC in 2020 when Covid derailed the season. They had so much momentum after Everglow, and i had them as a darkhorse finalist. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...