DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

I will say overall this is probably one of the best years for drum corps shows since 2015 for me

• Like 3

Just now, crownisking said:

Feels like the reactions for Crown are pretty similar to Boston’s. Kinda all over the place. I’ll say, I feel more confident about Crown medaling this year vs Boston but the season is young. Definitely a step up design wise for Crown. Good thing too, because I was starting to think they were stuck in 4th place. 

I love Bostons show and it might become a personal favorite, however I do not think its pushing enough boundaries to win. 

• Like 2

Looks like the Crown app only works at the venue, not over Flo. 

Personally, something I enjoy about this show is how it embraces being more of a “concert” production. The whole “if you’re on the right clap” thing is really cheesy but I think it’s intentional and really sets the mood for something other than a drum corps show.

While I can see an eventual criticism being that the corps relies too heavily on gimmicks like the big streamers or the app, I would ultimately disagree because what’s going on musically and visually is really incredible to back up all the gimmicks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Blue Devils is drum corps by formula. Sparkly sleeves? Check, Shimmy from side to side? Check. Run to restage? check. BD is good, but nowhere near the innovation of Bloo and Crown. This will be the year they finish 3rd. 

Almost delicious, but needs a bit more salt. 

• Haha 5

Hasn't this show always been sponsored with BOA because of the band camp that goes with it?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

The Band of America sign right below the 50th Anniversary DCI sign makes me nervous. 

I wouldn’t worry too much since Music for All specifically sponsors this show 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1