DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

I'm at Acapulco Restaurant around the corner from the stadium. I think Colts are warming up across the street. I'm so psyched for this!

• Like 6

Nice dinner music!

I don’t think that was there when I was a student in the early 90s

There was some other “nice place” (for Muncie) around the stadium though. Like over by Bethel Ave. I remember it was the “place you say when your parents are visiting and want to treat you.”

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

It's right across from the sports fields. I'm at a widow seat watching PR hornline doing dance warm-ups. My how things have changed.

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

It's right across from the sports fields. I'm at a widow seat watching PR hornline doing dance warm-ups. My how things have changed.

Yeah I looked it up. It seems about where the place I’m remembering was. 

I see their site says “over 20 years of Mexican food” so it’s possible they moved in when whatever I’m remembering left. 

BSU has changed SO MUCH from my days though it seems. There’s that bell tower (twice built over.  Lol). And I heard they brought down my old dorm complex, The Gulag..I mean LaFollette. 

I should have sprung for a ticket and made the trip since I’m in the state. It’s just that dad would want to come and he’d be really taxed at going on 83 by the end of the show and drive back. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Local radar in ft Wayne shows some moisture to the south but it’s likely to end up being clouds and some sprinkles, if that. 

Looking good from this Hoosier’s point of view. 

Corn is already thigh high, so ahead is schedule but it’s been dry as a bone for much of June. 

I guess they beat knee high by the Fourth of July. I do miss seeing the cornfields. I grew up with one behind our house.  

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I guess they beat knee high by the Fourth of July. I do miss seeing the cornfields. I grew up with one behind our house.  

There’s one around back of the senior living condos where dad is now. I love that there’s this sidewalk that literally ends in a cornfield. 

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

There’s one around back of the senior living condos where dad is now. I love that there’s this sidewalk that literally ends in a cornfield. 

It’s hard to get away from them in the Midwest.  

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s hard to get away from them in the Midwest.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2