July 2nd - East Coast Classic ... Quincy, Massachusetts

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I'm thinking 7th would be excellent.

Yeah, but their show is awesome and I want to root for 'em, so I'm think about the possibilities.

7th would be excellent.

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Yeah, but their show is awesome and I want to root for 'em, so I'm think about the possibilities.

7th would be excellent.

corps young and they're coming off an organizational nightmare - 7th would set them up for a great 2023 IMO

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm still not counting The Cavaliers out for a higher placement. They just had one heck of an improved performance day over day.

I know you don't really care for them, as I've stated for many years, but I'm going to give them a fair shake after their improvement tonight.

I get that you seem to think I do not like the Cavaliers. That is absolutely false. I have enjoyed, and even loved, many of their shows. If I have been critical of anything it has been their design. I actually loved their 2019 show, and I may end up loving this show. As of now I have only offered subjective analysis of the design of the show. I say subjective because nobody really needs to care what I think. I'm just another Monday-morning quarterback if you will. I think the corps is super talented. Offering critical commentary about the design does not mean I do not like the corps. In the end I may be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. I totally respect your take on this and enjoy your posts. Peace! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife said BAC was clean. Guess she was right. 

Lots more can be cleaned though . Guard had too many drops tonite . But that’s typical of their Guard early season as they toss “ 10’s “ and higher , and it’s not an easy peasy show at all. Getting there though . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, that's a great first score for Cadets. They could challenge BK, PR, Cavaliers when all is said and done. But they have a tough drill to clean. But I love the show and with some tweaks I think Cadets will be incredible. 

Boston is a legit top 4 or 5 corps. Maybe top 3. The top 5 will be a very competitive place to be this year. BD, Crown, Bloo, SCV and Boston all have strong captions. It will come down to visual and GE. I still like BD in this regard, but between SCV, Bloo, Boston, and Crown take your pick. Any one of those corps could make the right tweaks and soar. 

Agree . 

17 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Lots more can be cleaned though . Guard had too many drops tonite . But that’s typical of their Guard early season as they toss “ 10’s “ and higher , and it’s not an easy peasy show at all. Getting there though . 

Just to give some context about Bostons guard drops.  Everyone was dropping and a couple of brass players (not Bostons) slipped and fell stepping up onto metal Ramps.  It rained for a while delaying the show and the field was wet.  Guard equipment was very wet for everyone.  Many drops for all corps.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 3

Finally got to see a YT replay of last night. Wow, I was pleasantly surprised with the Cadets. Didn't mind the unis at all, though I would have gone with long sleeves under the jackets. Terrific movement and field placement with the whole East to West thing going on. Musically entertaining. The comments on Cadets still being the same old Cadets, ("they'll never change") I don't think holds true. I see a genuine attempt to be more updated, a little tiny bit Bloo/Crownish, if you will and sway away from the past and looking more to the future. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

The top four seem to be pretty much set--BD, SCV, Crown, Bluecoats.  Boston should be a lock for 5th. Cavies have a guard problem--you can't march 32 in the guard anymore. 45-50 is the new standard. 

I think it’s too early to predict SCV will be in the top 4. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but I don’t think it’s set. I think Crown surprised a lot of people last night, but SCV doesn’t seem to be impressing folks, Cavies can surprise as seasons progress, and BAC will have more to offer. 

• Like 3

Just watched Spartans on "Re-Broadcast".  GREAT show!   Definite contender for Open Class title.   Still haven't seen Blue Devil B ... SCV Cadets ... or Legends ... this year ... though ...

Blue Devil B & SCV Cadets make their 2022 debut Tuesday night in Fresno, CA.

• Like 2