July 2nd - Innovations in Brass: Northeast Ohio ... Kent, Ohio

Maybe I need a refresher. After channel surfing between all three shows, it seems like the activity has taken a step back in terms of production values and general show concept. There’s no Babylon on the field this year.

Guess the judges didn't get the memo tonight about taking acid before the acid trip.

So much for a 2 horse race. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Maybe I need a refresher. After channel surfing between all three shows, it seems like the activity has taken a step back in terms of production values and general show concept. There’s no Babylon on the field this year.

Not every year has one of those, to be fair.

• Like 3

Cocktail for the Bluecoats show

Kool Hand Luke

1 Lime Quartered

1 oz rich demerara syrup

2 oz Jamaican pot stilled rum 

Muddle lime and syrup, Add rum with crushed ice. Drink with straw. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Cocktail for the Bluecoats show

Kool Hand Luke

1 Lime Quartered

1 oz rich demerara syrup

2 oz Jamaican pot stilled rum 

Muddle lime and syrup, Add rum with crushed ice. Drink with straw. 

You forgot the last step:

“Repeat.”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Bloo has to win GE and something else.  They have traded their visual program for a fairly safe musical book and slightly more obscure GE design.

It is Crown's to lose and it's not too early to say that.  The Bloo show (while great) is too safe to contend, and it probably can't really be altered to make it more competitive without doing damage.

That's my take.

Crown has a really great show and it would seem that their time is, ehem, right here right now.

Spot on 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The thing is, I really don’t like either show. 

I’ve watched the Bloo show multiple times now and can’t really get into it. I’m divided on Crown, the terrible voiceovers really remind me of those annoying mid to late 2000s Cadets shows but their music book is otherwise incredible and highly entertaining 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Bloo has to win GE, and tonight that was the difference.

Crown is a GE Machine this year in my opinion. They will win as long as their percussion scores well enough to not hold them back. That has been my issue with their show design in previous years. Those few tenths in percussion will be a difference maker and it will be hard for them to win if they are scoring in 5th/6th place come finals week. However, SCV, Boston, BD, and Cavaliers may very well be better in percussion when August rolls around. 

• Like 2