July 2nd - Innovations in Brass: Northeast Ohio ... Kent, Ohio

My thoughts on final three corps of the night:

Music City - totally engaging, well performed. Yet another corps that will be knocking on the Top 12 door.

Crown - loved the energy, and NO ONE sounds like Crown. My only issue with the show is that the one thing I DONT want to do is look/play with my phone during their show. 

Bloo - I appreciate that they didn’t try to “outcrown” Crown, and just did Bluecoats…the show has already evolved a bit, letting the big moments “breathe” a little more, which I think worked well. Such a trippy 12 minutes! What a treat to see these two go at each other this early in season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Maleguena1988 said:

My thoughts on final three corps of the night:

Music City - totally engaging, well performed. Yet another corps that will be knocking on the Top 12 door.

Crown - loved the energy, and NO ONE sounds like Crown. My only issue with the show is that the one thing I DONT want to do is look/play with my phone during their show. 

Bloo - I appreciate that they didn’t try to “outcrown” Crown, and just did Bluecoats…the show has already evolved a bit, letting the big moments “breathe” a little more, which I think worked well. Such a trippy 12 minutes! What a treat to see these two go at each other this early in season!

Thanks for your commentary.  Much appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Oh my. That'll start a few convos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How was Cincy Tradition?

Just now, Big Bird said:

Crown got a great win tonight. Luckily Kent, OH isn’t finals so we shouldn’t act like it is

Act like what? I'm happy with the win, and expressed that. Don't pretend that you can read someone's emotions or intent through one word and an emoji. 

• Like 4