July 2nd - Drums Across the Desert ... Tempe, Arizona

5 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

This is my first real viewing of SCV and it's just not grabbing my attention. I want to like it, but I am finding it difficult

Yeah same. There is almost no melody. BD might be choppy with source music, but at least it’s catchy

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 3

SCV will have easily taken music overall tonight, but I was really hoping the "closer" had some more brass in it!

I was also hoping that there was a true closer or at least part of it, but that's another discussion for later

Edited by ediblewaffles
  • Like 3

LOVE LOVE this SCV show…this is the type of aggressive, interesting, dissonant, powerful stuff I love from this activity. 

• Like 4

Love the ballad. Don’t think GE will be enough this year

• Like 1

That ballad is so #### good. That section is the diamond of the show. The rest of the show seems to drone on a bit 

• Like 5

Either this show is still not finished or they are closing with a percussion feature. Brass and percussion are fantastic! Marching was pretty good tonight. Show still needs work. But yes, that music performance ensemble is really good. 

• Like 3

SCV has so much talent and I feel the design team had a huge miss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

That ballad is so #### good. That section is the diamond of the show. The rest of the show seems to drone on a bit 

Agreed on all counts. They're taking a real programming risk in using the "Teen Spirit" musical motif as the through-line for the entire musical book. So it makes the entire show feel like one long musical piece. That may not pay off for them in the end. 

But that ballad and the backfield section leading into it are GORGEOUS.

• Like 3