July 2nd - Drums Across the Desert ... Tempe, Arizona

1 minute ago, ediblewaffles said:

May be an unpopular opinion, but Academy has had the most fun and interesting show of the night! The Wonka theme works well, i LOVE their unis, and it just feels like this show just looks like it's so much fun to perform!

Academy has a great show indeed back to their crowd pleasing ways! Going to get huge ovations all season

• Like 4

Did the Wonka character just wave his arms and turn on the lights? Cool. Where is there just a lot of reflection showing up in my feed?

Edited by Photographer Jim

19 minutes ago, Box5Opinion said:

I was in Pasadena, San Bernardino too, you might want to revisit those youtube videos after tonight's show.  BD has one of the weakest rifle lines in recent memory, flags are doing extremely well, dance and body movement is improving but no amount of sequin, shades of blue color, ripple effects will be able to hide that they are struggling, this is new territory for them, maybe they will clean, enhance and produce one of the greatest performances in August but as of July 2? No!  

Boston and Crown are alone in the top 

Edited by Cop

Tonight

Pacific Crest- Getting better each night! Still a ways to go, but definitely cleaner than my last viewing

Blue Knights- Okay first show, but guard needs LOTS of cleaning. Still a bit of drill left to add, but had a vintage feel to it that was nice

Blue Devils- Added a LOT in a short time. Rough run for them tonight, but it'll clean up overtime. Moon River still gets me everytime

SCV- Hornline has all the power! Still not a fan of the unis, but the show itself is coming together. Very disappointing that there still isn't a closer at this point.

The Academy- Most fun show of the night! Wonka works well and despite there being a home-field crowd, you can tell everyone was into it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I am not a guard person, but based on my untrained eye, I think Crown guard is right behind BAC followed by BD at the moment.  Not saying they will stay that way, as BD is known for guard.  I am sure many folks will disagree with this, but Crown's rifles/sabers are very clean.  

I am delighted to see that there are a lot of groups making guard interesting and that it will be a lot harder to have a 6 or 7 year run of winning the caption, but to think that BD who has been top 2 in guard every year since 2007 suddenly won’t be this year is betting against history. Crown guard is reminding me of the Bluecoats guard in 2018. They were crisp and spotless, however demand is what held them back from breaking into the top 2 of BD and Boston. I certainly love Crown’s Sabre work with the streamers attached to them, it’s a wonderful effect. I just don’t see them approaching the complexity of BD and Boston… this year at least. But hey, crazier things have happened. At San Antonio a couple years ago Phantom was 4th in guard and like a week later they were back to 8th or 9th. I am just excited to see how this season plays out! Definitely going to get interesting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am enjoying Academy show at this point. Lots of potential, musically and visually. Love their uniform and I can see them making it to the top 12 this year! Best of luck Academy! 

• Like 1