July 3rd - "The Beanpot" - Manning Field, Lynn, Massachusetts

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Isn’t Pennsylvania the northeast? 

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It depends on your frame of reference- my California relatives say Midwest is Colorado-Iowa.  Anything east of Mississippi is east.  I agree Ohio is not part of New England, but there is more to the Northeast than New England. 🙂

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some would say that Bluecoats, from Ohio, ARE from the northeast.

No.

New England is a region comprising six states in the Northeastern United States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

That said, according to the Census Bureau the Northeast Region includes Six States in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) AND Three in Middle Atlantic (New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania).

Edited by Liahona

DCP -- You want consensus? Go somewhere else! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Nobody who lives in New England considers Pennsylvania as being in the northeast.   😀

I grew up in NJ, halfway between NYC and Philly, and it’d be so weird not to consider PA the northeast IMO. At the very least no one considers Philly, Pittsburgh etc “midwest” 

Granted, PA is big as hell… 

Just now, George Dixon said:

the big middle of it is more Kentucky than NE 🤣

Hmmmmm . . . What exactly is that supposed to mean? As a Kentuckian, I can only hope you mean that it is beautiful countryside with very warm people, mixed with a great urban presence with amazing bourbon.  

That being said, as someone who also lived in Philly, I get what you are saying! 😆.   Just don't bring Kentucky into the discussion.🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony L. said:

Hmmmmm . . . What exactly is that supposed to mean? As a Kentuckian, I can only hope you mean that it is beautiful countryside with very warm people, mixed with a great urban presence with amazing bourbon.  

That being said, as someone who also lived in Philly, I get what you are saying! 😆.   Just don't bring Kentucky into the discussion.🙂

it's like Alabama then, is that better?

• Like 1