July 3rd - "The Beanpot" - Manning Field, Lynn, Massachusetts

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the big middle of it is more Kentucky than NE 🤣

Kentucky is in a weird area. The county I live in is the northern most tip of the Mason Dixon line in the state. You head north of us by one county and the accent changes from southern to Ohio. Just like how Ohioans don't claim Cincinnati, we don't claim Northern Kentucky. The Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area is basically left unclaimed, just don't let the British know that. 🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

it's like Alabama then, is that better?

I'd say more like West Virginia. Lol.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Kentucky is in a weird area. The county I live in is the northern most tip of the Mason Dixon line in the state. You head north of us by one county and the accent changes from southern to Ohio. Just like how Ohioans don't claim Cincinnati, we don't claim Northern Kentucky. The Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area is basically left unclaimed, just don't let the British know that. 🤣

That is exactly right. And I am from that northernmost part of Kentucky. Neither NKY nor Cincy is considered Kentucky and Ohio respectively.  The area should just merge into one big city-state.LOL.

9 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

That is exactly right. And I am from that northernmost part of Kentucky. Neither NKY nor Cincy is considered Kentucky and Ohio respectively.  The area should just merge into one big city-state.LOL.

My husband is from Cincinnati.  I never heard that before.  He thinks of himself as an Ohioan.   He sees Ohio license plates down here and he says “my people”.  I remind him that Floridians are now his people.  I doubt I’ll be successful in getting him to admit that because he never thought of himself as an Illinoisan despite living there for 27 years. 

• Haha 2

Great performance by Boston tonight in Lynn,Ma.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I live in Northern Kentucky. 🙃

7/3/2022 Lynn, MA 1st 74.750
  • Like 1