White Sale on Uni’s 2022??

OK folks a very simple question why are so many corps wearing white or off-white uniforms this season?

White was always like kryptonite for visual proficiency as it does not hide dirt as well as darker colors

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

OK folks a very simple question why are so many corps wearing white or off-white uniforms this season?

White was always like kryptonite for visual proficiency as it does not hide dirt as well as darker colors

White shows the clarity in forms because of the contrast with the field.  Plus many of these corps aren’t that dirty and the movement for members is very different from years ago.  White shows body movement clearly and if it is clean, the reward for form movement and body movement is greater.  SCV showed that with Babylon.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 2

Nothing but white is as boring as watching shows, one after the other without a single original idea. IMO the design of the costumes have become I’ll fitting styles based on androgyny, glamour, excess and the fusing of different cultural and gender references.  Only thing missing is a red nose and big shoes. 

• Haha 1

White = less cost

also thinking cost and availability  with shoes, socks, etc

or perhaps a safe choice not knowing if other colored show components would be possible (supply chain issues) 

I like more white on the field but it is funny how most went that way this season. 

Edited by drummergirl

18 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

White = less cost

or perhaps a safe choice not knowing if other colored show components would be possible (supply chain issues) 

I like more white on the field but it is funny how most went that way this season. 

Very valid point. It's safe, easy to add color to and the cost would be far lower

1 hour ago, drummergirl said:

White = less cost

Ask the laundry volunteers about cost. I helped out several times when Crown was in all cream. And after muddy shows. I can't repeat much of the language used in the laundromat. But the head "laundress" had her magic formula which always got the job done. 

• Like 1