1st view finals prediction...

3 hours ago, drummergirl said:

I suggest you go watch video of  Boston’s hornline warmup from last night and come back and still tell me they will be in 9th. 

Everyone sounds good standing still. 

Not a swipe at Boston, just telling the truth here.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Some though, sound better than others.

This is 100% true. Like I said, I wasn't swiping at Boston. The first half of their ballad is my favorite thing they've done since 2017s ballad. 

Edited by Incognito365

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I love Phantom but 😬.  Boston will not be ninth. I’ll eat a plate of rare beef liver covered in sauerkraut and topped with radishes if that happens.

The Wife and I have started getting Blue Apron delivery meals. A few call for sliced radishes you marinate in a vinaigrette. This is either cooked with the meal or added as a garnish. Not a fan of radishes, but this way they are pretty tasty. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife and I have started getting Blue Apron delivery meals. A few call for sliced radishes you marinate in a vinaigrette. This is either cooked with the meal or added as a garnish. Not a fan of radishes, but this way they are pretty tasty. 

They’d have to be doctored up for me to eat them.  But, I do like beets. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’d have to be doctored up for me to eat them.  But, I do like beets. 

Nope on beets!

• Haha 1

I would say Boston's caption strength is too strong for them to finish out of the top 5 providing they make the right tweaks and push the needle a bit more in visual analysis and GE. Their brass, percussion, and guard are all top shelf. It is possible those captions could finish top 3. Not saying they will, but they will be in the hunt in those captions. So a corps with that kind of caption strength is tough to move out of the top 5 if the visual and GE begin to click. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I would say Boston's caption strength is too strong for them to finish out of the top 5 providing they make the right tweaks and push the needle a bit more in visual analysis and GE. Their brass, percussion, and guard are all top shelf. It is possible those captions could finish top 3. Not saying they will, but they will be in the hunt in those captions. So a corps with that kind of caption strength is tough to move out of the top 5 if the visual and GE begin to click. 

Thank you for your kind comments, but I just have one observation which may or may not apply to you.  I know of three different people here on dcp who after watching FLO, has said something about GE Visual being a weak point for Boston.  In all three cases, once they witnessed the show in person, they quickly changed their mind, raving about the effectiveness of the show.  I hope you also get to experience Boston live. I really do think you will find them quite dialed in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, craiga said:

Thank you for your kind comments, but I just have one observation which may or may not apply to you.  I know of three different people here on dcp who after watching FLO, has said something about GE Visual being a weak point for Boston.  In all three cases, once they witnessed the show in person, they quickly changed their mind, raving about the effectiveness of the show.  I hope you also get to experience Boston live. I really do think you will find them quite dialed in.

This is fair. I think all of us watching from FLO are not getting the full effect of these shows. All of us commenting on shows here on DCP are kind of Monday-morning QB "experts," so obviously our comments and opinions should be taken lightly. I already like Boston a lot. I know I will love them even more as the season progresses. Hope to see them soon.