Happy 4th of July! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐ŸŽ†

Happy Independence Day to all of our semi-dysfunctional DCP family. Please take a moment between bites of your deliciously prepared burger to reflect on and give thanks for how we got here 246 years later. We're truly blessed.ย 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My all-time favorite Patriotic drum corps show.ย 

Mine is Cadets 2002. 11 months after 9/11. I was a Third Class Petty Officer on shore duty in Yokosuka Japan at the time. Had just re-enlisted for another four years. That show just meant something to me.

Plus their percussion was stupid clean that year.

• Like 6

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Mine is Cadets 2002. 11 months after 9/11. I was a Third Class Petty Officer on shore duty in Yokosuka Japan at the time. Had just re-enlisted for another four years. That show just meant something to me.

Plus their percussion was stupid clean that year.

Thatโ€™s a great one, too. ย This one just edged it out because I love that brassline on those 2-v Kings. They were magicians.ย 

• Like 3

Happy Independence Day to ALL! This Star of Indiana 1992 show was certainly one of my favorite Patriotic shows, along with The Cadets 1995 and Bluecoats 1995. Star was so good in 1992. Brass caption was incredible that year. They dominated the season too, even winning Quarter Finals. Ultimately The Cavaliers jumped them at Semi-Finals and at Finals, with The Cadets pushing into 2nd. But I will always remember this Star of Indiana show. It was beautiful and complex.ย 

• Like 5

Stunning, Hook'Em. Thank you for that.ย 

• Like 3

Weepy glees!!! Thx Hook'em!!!

• Like 2