Friday, July 8th ... "Music on the March" ... Dalzell Field - Dubuque Senior High School - Dubuque, Iowa

INT really needs some cleaning. They seem to be all over the place! People are talking in the stands and not engaged. Do better, INT!!!

• Haha 2

Blue Stars…..

YEAH! I like that show! Great hornline!!!! GE is SICK! The field props and uniforms all flowed with the theme! Very impressed! Great run!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

There are many moving parts in a Drum Corps show. people moving props, handing off instruments to others.  Even just empty space on the field can get marchers disoriented and lead to collisions.  I think the corps I was with earlier the # 15 people missing they could not safely perform the show

I guess at the end of the day is it better to do a standstill or do a propless run. I've been in a position where I got rid of the prop for feedback on something else. 

YEEEAAAAH CAVIES!!!!!!!! Even though it was a standstill, that music book is INSANE!!! GEESH!!!!!! I can’t WAIT to see that show in the field!!!!

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I guess at the end of the day is it better to do a standstill or do a propless run. I've been in a position where I got rid of the prop for feedback on something else. 

well, if props are done right, they actually are a marching member on the field.  Props are not easy to incorporate on the field.  They need to be moved flowingly and be incorporated in the drill.  Props actually have their own drill with a marching member assigned to it.  If that member is out and the prop does not get to where it needs to be,...... watch out... major collisions.  Props are actually vey difficult to coordinate and use effectively.  if done right, you actually don't really see them moving around, they just appear in their right spot at the right time for effect.  Very difficult to do effectively.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brians said:

well, if props are done right, they actually are a marching member on the field.  Props are not easy to incorporate on the field.  They need to be moved flowingly and be incorporated in the drill.  Props actually have their own drill with a marching member assigned to it.  If that member is out and the prop does not get to where it needs to be,...... watch out... major collisions.  Props are actually vey difficult to coordinate and use effectively.  if done right, you actually don't really see them moving around, they just appear in their right spot at the right time for effect.  Very difficult to do effectively.

That completely didn't answer any of the question. Propless run means no worries about props in wrong location while getting feedback. Standstill gives nothing. 

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That completely didn't answer any of the question. Propless run means no worries about props in wrong location while getting feedback. Standstill gives nothing. 

point being, you really cant do the show without props if props are done right..... they are iatrical to the show... just as you really could not do the show or get appropriate feedback if you marched without snares, or the color guard, or the baritones in the horn line. 

• Like 1

No percussion judge? (J Missing)