The annual lament

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Agreed. I think it's worth taking seriously the question of how we got here, who allowed this to happen, and who can change it.

https://youtu.be/i8Jc1hHjWk8

the answer to your first two questions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is a wild "Post Number 3" from a 13 year old account. 

Good luck with that stuff.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

This is a wild "Post Number 3" from a 13 year old account. 

Good luck with that stuff.

So -- not really annual?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

So -- not really annual?

First Annual?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This thread has popped up several times a season for the past 20+ years I've frequented dci message boards/social media.  If enough people agree with you and do so with their pocketbook (paying for content, paying to march, paying for you kids to march, etc) rather than "lamenting" on a message board, then things will change in the ways you want.

I'm sick of mello sustains and trombone bendy bendy stuff as much as anybody else, but reducing what going on wtih brasslines to what the OP said is far more ridiculous than anything I see on the field right now.  If the topic is so serious, why not speak in serious terms rather than hyperbole?

• Like 1

This is great satire! Thank you!!!

To your lamented remembrance of what once was the activity I am prompted to reply with a quote Blue Knights 2019 

I remember everything 

Those days will return again - we're just going through a bit of a rough patch coming out of the pandemic - I think the show designers will get recallibrated and marching members will once again enjoy challenging books that they will look back on and remember with pride.

And we should give credit to the shows that are throwing down challenging books - especially Phantom, Blue Stars and Crossmen - 
Bluecoats should be ashamed of the book they are asking their members to perform.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

This thread has popped up several times a season for the past 20+ years I've frequented dci message boards/social media.  If enough people agree with you and do so with their pocketbook (paying for content, paying to march, paying for you kids to march, etc) rather than "lamenting" on a message board, then things will change in the ways you want.

I'm sick of mello sustains and trombone bendy bendy stuff as much as anybody else, but reducing what going on wtih brasslines to what the OP said is far more ridiculous than anything I see on the field right now.  If the topic is so serious, why not speak in serious terms rather than hyperbole?

looking at the size of the crowd at DeKalb, it looked like many people are voting with their pocketbooks.
In defense of the OP, satire and humor are often more effective means of persuasion than pedantic polemic. 

I remember everything --

• Sad 1